• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 down on power, what to do next?

You guys are such cnuts :lol:

I applaud you for sticking with it. NOW FCUKING DECAT IT.

Water off a duck's back Hazz ;)
No decat being done here. Valve clearance, nice easy job for this weekend. At least I can tick it off the list.

I have an endoscope, might shove that down the plug tubes instead. Why don't you think the clearances will be the problem Chris?

I have an endoscope, might shove that down the plug tubes instead. Why don't you think the clearances will be the problem Chris?

They don't really affect power.

Nearly every thread of this type it ends up being the exhaust or cat being the issue.

I gained 20 bhp changing my exhaust on the FD2.

No exhaust/manifold leaks that I can see. I get a resonance at 2500rpm, perhaps the baffles are shagged in the b pipe

Your test for vacuum at 2.5k won't have much truth in it at all. Your issue is at highlad at high rpm.

If your b pipe isn't new or could be clogged or blocked, separate the joint an inch or so and take it for a quick drive. That will allow the gas out the gap of it is the cause.

I really think its going to be the cat causing you issues. I have one in the garage somewhere but I'm sure a stud snapped on it somewhere. Also it wasn't mapped with it on so i can't be sure it's okay.

My advice is to get a dc5 cat and manifold, get the manifold castings ported out, then try again with the map. It should give it a little extra if nothing else.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

The catback is a great condition 5zigen, resonated. Does the cat you have in the garage rattle? I'm looking to stay oem at the moment with the cat. Are you going to jdm combe tomorrow?

It didn't rattle before but I can always dig it out and check it. It has done 105k I think.

I'm not going to combe, but you're welcome to borrow it and see if it fixes the problem. If you would like it I'll try and remember to dig it out of the garage and give it a check over for you.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Does my race car have coked pistons?

Attachments

• piston 1.jpg
    piston 1.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 45
  • piston 2.jpg
    piston 2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 45
  • piston 3.jpg
    piston 3.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 44
  • piston 4.jpg
    piston 4.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 42
You know that you can take the revs above 5000 on these cars, right Flashy? :lol:

I remember when the 3-stage VTEC was first introduced in NZ, some older people bought them because of increased economy around town, thing is they never got to the wild lobe and there was coke aplenty in various areas.

I do vtec quite often, must be the previous owner. Recommend any chemicals so I don't have to bench it?

Back