• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

Hey guys,

New to this forum and coming from M135i that I've had for nearly 4 years. Am looking to buy a new Type R GT and wondered if anyone knew of any 'tame' dealers who were open to giving support/discount on new cars and what sort of discount I should be aiming for?

Looking at a 4 year PCP with 6k or 8k mileage with a monthly of £350.

Any and all info gratefully received :D

Where are you based?

I would suggest Norton Way in Letchworth. Speak to David Baldwin, he did a good deal on my trade in and new car a month ago. Didn't mess about either, i told him what i wanted and he came back with a good offer quickly.

Where are you based?

I would suggest Norton Way in Letchworth. Speak to David Baldwin, he did a good deal on my trade in and new car a month ago. Didn't mess about either, i told him what i wanted and he came back with a good offer quickly.

Thanks. I'm based in South Lincs but will travel most anywhere for the right deal TBH. I'll put a call in David and see what he comes back with.

The FK8 was available via drivethe deal.co.uk with decent discount for a few months, but they no longer list any Honda cars, so suspect Honda UK have stepped in (like BMW used to do).

If it's of any interest John Banks Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds have a couple of unregistered Blue GT models for £32,545 and I'm sure you could get a bit more off or a 5 year service plan chucked in. Obviously if you have a trade in it's all about the price to change.

Otherwise ring around the dealers, especially towards the end of June when they might be chasing end of Q2 sales targets. When I bought mine, Listers Solihull did the best deal by a distance so might be worth trying as they are part of a big multi car franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried Car Wow?

Yes and am currently waiting for dealers to come back but realistically, that was always going to be my 2nd/non-preferred option.

No disrespect to anyone using CarWow but I tend to find F2F dealing garners the best results both financially and relationship-wise going forward than generic web based quotes where they don't even know your name.

I did Car Wow to get a general view of the discounts dealers were offering, then went and dealt direct and got better deals anyway. You also build up the rapport with a dealer which is sometimes worthwhile, sometimes not!

I used carwow to get a guide, then played dealers off against each other until I got the best deal for me.

I picked up a new one via Drive the deal in April, they had a black one in stock so quick purchase.
I've used dtd a few times now and they always seem to be the best price.
Did not get much joy from carwow for a type r.
I did notice Honda had been removed from the website, so as mentioned perhaps the Honda police have put a stop to it. The dealership is based in Kent and have been with dtd for sometime. They also supply VW for dtd and that's still going on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I got mine using carwow recently. A couple of grand off and a car that was in stock. To get monthlies down to £350 i'd think you'd need a £6-7k deposit (cash/PX/discount) on a 4 year deal.

I got mine at the beginning of the year, put 8k down and 3yr/10000mile PCP for £351 a month. Got the 5 years servicing and alloy wheel insurance thrown in as well. Seemed like an ok deal at the time.

I got mine at the beginning of the year, put 8k down and 3yr/10000mile PCP for £351 a month. Got the 5 years servicing and alloy wheel insurance thrown in as well. Seemed like an ok deal at the time.

What’s your balloon payment?

I've just checked my paperwork, final payment is £16584, there's a typo in my post as well. My actual payment is £361 :eek:

Mine 15K but I put down a bit more

I am starting to look ahead now to Sept 20...pay the balloon and keep it and mod it, pay the balloon and sell it privately, and see what else is out there or use the little equity for a new one....Hurry up Honda with the ring special...

Back