• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Has my variable service indicator been tuned off by the dealer?

Hello peeps, after a little help here.

When selecting the spanner icon on the dash info screen I’m presented with a countdown timer displayed in days, currently showing 350 left (car is 6 days old). There seems to be no oil monitor or mileage remaining displayed. Does this mean the variable system is deactivated? The book isn’t stamped to declare it turned off.

I picked up the £599 service plan with the car and plan to do a couple of track days a year so I think it’d really be to my benefit to have it switched on....

Car is an FK8 CTR btw.

Thanks for your help

Had my second service and I think they've done the same as it's in days now. Going back to dealer to check...will let you know

I had my first (A) service done just at the beginning of May. just checked the spanner on the dashboard and it's saying 7500 miles until the B service, although there was a period (1000 miles or 2-3 weeks) it was displaying "-------" until the B service as it was still calculating (based on my driving style) when I need to go back.

it would've had fun calculating the few first days while I was in the Eifel region of Germany :lol: surprised it doesn't say go back to base already :)

I’ve emailed the sales guy who sold me the car but I expect I’ll have to pop in and talk to the service manager about it. From previous experience with a couple of issues with my approved used FN2 I expect a bit of a fight tbh

Would there be any issues if you don't follow the variable service, my second service popped up the other month, but i want to change it to annual service(October) as i don't do many miles!

i think it would show on the download you didn't get it serviced when you were told to? id get it done mate then speak to them about having it annually

Hello peeps, after a little help here.

When selecting the spanner icon on the dash info screen I’m presented with a countdown timer displayed in days, currently showing 350 left (car is 6 days old). There seems to be no oil monitor or mileage remaining displayed. Does this mean the variable system is deactivated? The book isn’t stamped to declare it turned off.

I picked up the £599 service plan with the car and plan to do a couple of track days a year so I think it’d really be to my benefit to have it switched on....

Car is an FK8 CTR btw.

Thanks for your help

I thought the countdown timer was variable? I've had 3 services in a year/18000 miles.

Oh ok! There is a big chance I just misunderstand it! So yours is just the same, a countdown timer in days and no oil life?

Hmmm I've had two in 21 months on 17,500, 3 in one calendar year seems a lot...maybe you drive a bit harder than me!!

Back