• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Condensation in Headlight

Hey guys,

Been noticing a lot of condensation in the driver side headlight, thought it would of shifted but it's just getting worse, has anyone experienced this or any tips I can try before taking it in to the garage and most likely getting a hefty bill.

Cheers.

Attachments

• condensation.jpg
    condensation.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 31
Out of warranty I presume?

If it's enough condensation to affect the beam pattern then it's an MOT fail. You could try drying it out with a load of rice/silicone & a hairdrier but it'll probably just happen again if there's a faulty seal on the unit somewhere.

Do you powerwash your car? That's often a cause of moisture in so called sealed light units.

Yeah it's sadly out of warranty and I do powerwash the car. I'll try and dry it out and see how long it takes to fill again.

Its quite normal, i get it on mine.just does it and clears itself. When youre on dip beam the l.e.d's are on and burn cool, main beam is halogen as far as im aware.I think there is ventillation in the units. It did it in my previous honda a fn1 type s. Regards fred.

Hey guys,

Been noticing a lot of condensation in the driver side headlight, thought it would of shifted but it's just getting worse, has anyone experienced this or any tips I can try before taking it in to the garage and most likely getting a hefty bill.

Cheers.

If you feel upto the challenge.

1.remove headlight
2 fill with water
3 see where it leaks from
4 let it dry
5 add a little sealant
6 refit to vehicle
7 enjoy life

When I commented earlier I thought it was just a bit of condensation.Having read that you powerwash your car, due to the high pressure of the jetwash it could have forced water into the light. On a really warm day the condensation should dissapear. Once dry when washing the car next time try not to use a jetwash as its quite a high pressure and theres a possibility of water getting past the seals of the car, top of the bonnet seal,door seals etc and headlights as i said i think but not 100% sure that they are vented. I have always used a hosepipe with a normal spray (not high pressure at all.)Then use either a good quality sponge uncontaminated by that I mean no tiny bits in as they could scratch. Or a washing mitten and a good car shampoo say Meguirs gold class and rely On you washing the muck off rather than rely on water pressure to wash the muck off, And when spraying the car with the hosepipe always spray in the direction where water ingress will be minimal for example the air vents On the wings I would spray water from the front facing the rear of the car. Also to washing the headlights and front section I would spray water On the bonnet facing the front of the car so it runs off and over the grill and lights. The lower part of the front I would again use the hosepipe avoiding high pressure, there is usually if you use an attachment various sprays on,set it to a fine spray this will soak the muck and will easily come off with the sponge Or mitten.
I hope this helps and you get the light sorted
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back