Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70 or 74mm intake manifold & throttle body?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with the throttle body. Just get the inlet and intake/exhaust/header.
    Alright, so I should skip the throttle body and just get a tegiwa adapter to fit the OEM throttle body to the inlet manifold?

Different intakes will require different adapters. But yeah that's the right idea.
    I play drums: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPa...Ps3oTiA/videos

New and updated for 2013. Follow me on Tumblr: http://tomcatgoad.tumblr.com/

My newest project, UrbexCat: http://urbexcat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat View Post
    Different intakes will require different adapters. But yeah that's the right idea.
    Yeah, for sure. Then I'll get a 70mm inlet manifold and skip the throttle body!

If I get 200whp I'm happy regardless

Thank you so much for the help! And you to Chris, thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to byRazh For This Useful Post:

TomCat (10-06-2019)

The biggest gain ive ever seen a tb give on a k20 with basic bolt ons us around 3-4hp,but usually it's 1-2hp. I did read a post from America once about swapping out a 62mm tbgoing to 74mm tb and after mapping made 0.6hp ����. I ran oem tb at 320hp on my charged dc5 and oem tb on my charged fn2 at 340hp. Much better places to spend your money.

And as for 70mm rbc,well that's just the tb part ported so pointless. It's only when you cut them open and bore out the runners that there are any gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Integraleo View Post
    The biggest gain ive ever seen a tb give on a k20 with basic bolt ons us around 3-4hp,but usually it's 1-2hp. I did read a post from America once about swapping out a 62mm tbgoing to 74mm tb and after mapping made 0.6hp ����. I ran oem tb at 320hp on my charged dc5 and oem tb on my charged fn2 at 340hp. Much better places to spend your money.
    I would like to supercharge it but there is just to much work to do it here in Sweden, unfortunately. I'll skip the tb and just go for the other parts I'm planning on buying and hope for the best
    Last edited by byRazh; 15-06-2019 at 10:32 AM.

And as for 70mm rbc,well that's just the tb part ported so pointless. It's only when you cut them open and bore out the runners that there are any gains.
    Alright, then I understand. I thought there may be a difference if I go with a 70mm rbc + 70mm tb vs 74mm rbc + 74mm tb.

No the tb isn't a restrictive part on a k20,even with port matched intake manifold any gains are minimal and not worth it.

No the tb isn't a restrictive part on a k20,even with port matched intake manifold any gains are minimal and not worth it.
    Alright, I'll save the money and invest in some cams in the future instead of a tb