• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Replacing rear upper control arms and bushes?

Hello

Just had the wheel alignment checked on my EP3.

Other than reporting a little play in a rear ARB drop link and the steering wheel now being slightly off centre, I can see on the printout that both rear cambers are -2 degrees.

As it happens, this is visible if you stand back and compare to the fronts which are set to -1 degree.

The suspension is standard with no adjusters fitted.

I was thinking that it must be the rear upper control arm bushes that are worn or soft for there to be -2 degrees camber on both sides?

The control arms look easy to change but how much of a pig are the top bushes in the hub carrier to replace?

Cheers

Steve

Funnily enough my oem were running at neg 2.5. Looked like this from behind. / \ . If you are going to get some rear camber arms it might be worth getting a fresh Bush and bolt for each side too. The bolts can be a pain.

Oops

Just ordered arms and bushes, no bolts.

I'd better get some penetrating oil on there sharpish!

Cheers

Fitted the arms with no issues.

The bushes were a different matter though. Try as I might, they would not move, probably the socket used to try and push them out was just a little too small outside diameter.

The bushes in the arms were well past their best but the carrier bushes looked good so can stay put for now, haha!

These bushes look pretty poor also on the Gf's EP3 but I know its going to be a hub off job and either burn the bush out or press it out and press the new one in and I just cant be bothered tbh. So likely have to wait until the bushes completely poop their selves before she will do anything about it.

Back