• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic type R FK2 ignition fuse

Hello all.
Over the weekend my brother borrowed my car and for some reason the battery went dead on him. Some chap came along with some jump leads and offered him a start but in the end blew the main fuse. The horn blows and 4way flashers works but no ignition. Contacted Honda but they said I need to tell them exactly which fuse or relay it is.. I have no clue so I am seeking help or advice here please. The car is a 2015 type R fk2. Cheers

Bit late to the party so you may have resolved this now. Bit surprising Honda wouldn't/couldn't tell you.

It's usually the 40A or 50A fuse in the engine bay fuse box. It'll say on the diagram on the back of the fuse box lid or in the manual.

Well I’ve ordered the main fuse which they think is the problem. Should get it tomorrow hopefully. Will update on progress. Cheers.

If its those big square ones (ive not seen a fuse box on a FK2) its pretty obvious when they go just by looking at them, or even a quick test with a meter. I've pulled a heap of them from scarp yard cars so ive got spares for all my cars. I once dropped a tool and it arced the battery terminals and blew the big one, it had to be ordered in by Toyota so that's why I keep spares now.

Back