• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Help with number plate issue please!

Hi all,

I've just today picked up my third EP3 Type R, a lovely (almost standard) Black premier edition 2006 with only 59k on the clock!

I've got a slight issue, I'm trying to take off the number plates to put my private plate on but it has the Mugen number plate bolts.

Now the rears are bolted on, they are easy enough to get to the nuts at the back with the boot trim removed,

but is there an easy way to get to the back of the front ones?

I can't get near through the bottom grill, and certainly can't go down through the engine bay? any ideas,

cheers!

Had bit of a look on here and it seems to be a grille off job to get at the back. I've seen conflicting posts regarding wether the whole bumper has to come off or if the grill can be removed on its own??

Taking the bumper off isn't a huge job, 4 clips on top, 4 below, two screws below, clips and screws in wheel arch, then it should pop off. Pretty sure there's a fair number of videos of this on youtube. Be careful of the fog lights cable if you have one, otherwise it should be quite simple. You might want to buy some replacement clips since it's easy to break the old ones when trying to remove them.

Taking the bumper off isn't a huge job, 4 clips on top, 4 below, two screws below, clips and screws in wheel arch, then it should pop off. Pretty sure there's a fair number of videos of this on youtube. Be careful of the fog lights cable if you have one, otherwise it should be quite simple. You might want to buy some replacement clips since it's easy to break the old ones when trying to remove them.

I'm a bit clumsy so was hoping there was a way I could get at them without taking the bumper off. But is sounds like this might be my only option :(

Where there's a will, there's a way :D

Precisely! I really didn't want to take the bumper off if I could help it, looks so much better now without those silly bolts and fresh new plates.

Did a quick hand polish same day as well so car looks good, will have to upload some photos!

Back