• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Radiator removal / change

Anyone got a decent how to guide on changing the radiator in the ep3. Mines developed a slight leak so just ordered a new Tegiwa aluminium one. Is it an easy enough job?
Cheers

I replaced the one of the GF's EP3 about a month ago. I got an OEM one and it looked identical to the Honda one.
You need to remove the front bumper - clips on the undertray, screws under the arch's
then the top rad mounts can be accessed.
unscrew the drain plug and drain into a container
release hose clamps and disconnect, if they are well stuck on get a flat screw driver under the hose to break the seal they make.
Remove the overflow pipe
lift the rad out then put everthing back.

The bumper can take a bit of force to remove when all the clips and screws are out, under the headlights there are bits it goes into which are tight fitting and they can take a good pull to get it out. When you come to refit the bumper they need a good tap to get them back in so the bumper sits tight and the body lines are right near the headlight.

If the original old clamps are not that springy any more or quite rusty replace with decent jubilee clips or new clamps from Honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought, do you lift the rad out with the fans still attached then swap over or do you remove fans then lift the rad out? Cheers

pretty sure I left them on as one of my bolts was seized and I had to cut the plastic around the threaded washer to remove the bolt.

Back