• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 JDM championship white

I was looking at importing a JDM civic type R, however the prices seenlm to have shot up with most decent condition models demanding £10,000 and that's before any import costs. Anyone had any experience importing one as I'm new to this and not sure the best way to go about it. Im willing to pay decent money for a good model but nothing to over the top.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm looking for something with lower mileage which is why an import is really the only option.

Something around the 50-60k mark most the good stock examples are in Japan which is why I was ideally looking at an import.

I paid £8500 for a 2002 car with 67k on it via Torque GT, so I would imagine you can get one for under 10k ?

what is your budget?

Id like to pay no more that 9k really. What's the grade of the car? How hard is it to find facelifted JDM version?

I paid £8500 for a 2002 car with 67k on it via Torque GT, so I would imagine you can get one for under 10k ?

what is your budget?
Id like to pay no more that 9k really. What's the grade of the car? How hard is it to find facelifted JDM version.

I can vouch that the cars Torque GT import are spotless. Included in their price is also a full service, MOT, new tyres, underseal.

You can't go wrong really. Not sure of the mileage of the one linked earlier in the thread, but offer them £8500 and I'd say you got a bargain.

In the current market and with exchange rates as they are, I'm afraid you're dreaming if you think you can pick up a facelift JDM with 50k for £9k.

Previously imported cars from Japan will generally have higher mileage or be pre-facelift; I've been on this forum for a number of years and have only heard of two facelift models entering the UK, so finding one already here will be like a needle in a haystack.

The link posted above is a company that deal with Japanese imports, they aren't a 'UK car dealership' in the terms of reselling UK versions. Virtually everything on their books is sourced direct from Japan unless it's a trade in that they've accepted; in any case their adverts will state this fact.

What you're after will exist, and will be obtainable via import (there are a handful of very reputable companies in the UK that offer this service - Torque GT and BHP Imports have been used by members of this forum) but I think you'll struggle / be extremely lucky to get what you want for that budget.

In the current market and with exchange rates as they are, I'm afraid you're dreaming if you think you can pick up a facelift JDM with 50k for £9k.

Previously imported cars from Japan will generally have higher mileage or be pre-facelift; I've been on this forum for a number of years and have only heard of two facelift models entering the UK, so finding one already here will be like a needle in a haystack.

The link posted above is a company that deal with Japanese imports, they aren't a 'UK car dealership' in the terms of reselling UK versions. Virtually everything on their books is sourced direct from Japan unless it's a trade in that they've accepted; in any case their adverts will state this fact.

What you're after will exist, and will be obtainable via import (there are a handful of very reputable companies in the UK that offer this service - Torque GT and BHP Imports have been used by members of this forum) but I think you'll struggle / be extremely lucky to get what you want for that budget.

Agree with this.

O/T but where abouts in East Sussex are you?

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. :lol:

In between Brighton and Eastbourne.

Hahaha nice, should I be looking over my shoulder now? :smt009

Ah not too far then, I'm Portsmouth way but visit Brighton frequently.

Back