• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 New (to me) FK2 Type R

Hi everyone, I just bought a black 2016 Type R :D, picking it up on 29th.

Not sure if anyone here will really know the answer butttt, doesn't hurt to ask...

How concerned should I be about this car being stolen?

My last car was a fiesta ST and it was stolen via its OBD port, this was a few years ago now so I'm a little paranoid about this one, it seems if nothing it is at least less likely to be stolen than an ST/RS.

Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase. Great cars and you will love it.

As with any keyless entry cars there is a risk of the scumbags being able to get the signal from your key fob.
So You may want to invest in one of the pouch things to put the key fobs in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I orderd a faraday bag, was looking into various trackers and immobilisers, I just wonder if its worth anything I would assume any smart thief will just rip it out and the pouch will stop any opportunist theives lol.

The FK2 is a fairly rare car and will stand out a mile when out and about, 2 reasons why it will be much less of a target than the usual ST's Golf R's and Audi RS models. Faraday pouch is a must though as they are only a few quid and will stop someone boosting the signal to gain access to the car.

Cool thanks, faraday pouch arrived so I'll make sure I test it when I get the car, I assume the test would be put the key in the pouch get in the car and see if I can start the car?

Out of interest would be everyones opinion on the deal I ended up getting - I think it's pretty decent. I was trying to get a low APR PCP deal since I'm still saving for a house so didn't want to commit to much to the car every month.

Getting it from Norton Way Honda in Letchworth - £20,495 3.9% APR PCP, 16 plate, 44k miles, full honda SH (4 services done so far), £211 p/m, £9k balloon, 1 year Honda warranty. Also got them to respray the bonnet as part of the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks, faraday pouch arrived so I'll make sure I test it when I get the car, I assume the test would be put the key in the pouch get in the car and see if I can start the car?

Out of interest would be everyones opinion on the deal I ended up getting - I think it's pretty decent. I was trying to get a low APR PCP deal since I'm still saving for a house so didn't want to commit to much to the car every month.

Getting it from Norton Way Honda in Letchworth - £20,495 3.9% APR PCP, 16 plate, 44k miles, full honda SH (4 services done so far), £211 p/m, £9k balloon, 1 year Honda warranty. Also got them to respray the bonnet as part of the deal.

What kind of a deposit did they require for such a low monthly mate? And I am surprised you got 3.9% on a used car, for reference I was looking at a 6 month old M140i from BMW and they won't budge below 10% on an AUC for PCP.

There are quite a few cars with half that mileage for that price but for the deal you got I'd say that is very good.

What kind of a deposit did they require for such a low monthly mate? And I am surprised you got 3.9% on a used car, for reference I was looking at a 6 month old M140i from BMW and they won't budge below 10% on an AUC for PCP.

There are quite a few cars with half that mileage for that price but for the deal you got I'd say that is very good.

Yeah that's how I saw it there's cars with lower milage but the monthly and interest on this one is low enough to make up for it. I'm also a pretty low mileage driver around 6000 a year.

My deposit was £5k :).

Where are you looking that you can’t get below 10%? You could go to Admiral where they offer 5.9%

Where are you looking that you can’t get below 10%? You could go to Admiral where they offer 5.9%

This!!

Walk in to BMW and tell them you want a cash price as you are financing it through someone else and watch them drop from 10% then!! I paid 4.9% on my used M3 on AUC through BMW.

This!!

Walk in to BMW and tell them you want a cash price as you are financing it through someone else and watch them drop from 10% then!! I paid 4.9% on my used M3 on AUC through BMW.

I was looking directly at BMW Financial Services and pretty much told them to forget it. They reasoning was trying to sell me a new car with 3.9% (on offer) or 4.9% which is the standard rate + some discounts.

I will take a look at Admiral. By the way, you heard of this site before: buyacar.co.uk. On there I found quite a few cars I liked and they quote as low as 3.85% APR on them with excellent credit rating (which mine should be according to experian), but the same cars found on autotrader have very different quotes... Finance is a mystery to me, never done it before haha. Will look at some 3rd party companies to see what offers are about.

I was looking directly at BMW Financial Services and pretty much told them to forget it. They reasoning was trying to sell me a new car with 3.9% (on offer) or 4.9% which is the standard rate + some discounts.

I will take a look at Admiral. By the way, you heard of this site before: buyacar.co.uk. On there I found quite a few cars I liked and they quote as low as 3.85% APR on them with excellent credit rating (which mine should be according to experian), but the same cars found on autotrader have very different quotes... Finance is a mystery to me, never done it before haha. Will look at some 3rd party companies to see what offers are about.

Admiral was just an example, there's also comparison websites to find deals. I looked at buyacar.co.uk which could be a good option, best just to shop around and get a deal that works for you.
From personal experience, haggling with main dealers is easier than independents, you could also get them to throw some "free" stuff in with it. Also, use a site like carwow, that way you can get a base figure to work with. Using a site like that takes away initial face to face haggling if you don't feel comfortable with it. Look at the cheapest offer that comes in regardless of distance and take that offer to a closer dealer, they'll always match it as they want the business.

Hi everyone, I just bought a black 2016 Type R :D, picking it up on 29th.

Not sure if anyone here will really know the answer butttt, doesn't hurt to ask...

How concerned should I be about this car being stolen?

My last car was a fiesta ST and it was stolen via its OBD port, this was a few years ago now so I'm a little paranoid about this one, it seems if nothing it is at least less likely to be stolen than an ST/RS.

Thanks!

Im rather confused on the answer to purchase a faraday bag.Which will definitely block the signal when your fob is inside and presumably in a secure place in your house. But the obd port is in the car and that's different the faraday bag is only to block the signal to your fob.

Im rather confused on the answer to purchase a faraday bag.Which will definitely block the signal when your fob is inside and presumably in a secure place in your house. But the obd port is in the car and that's different the faraday bag is only to block the signal to your fob.

Yeah I'm getting an OBD Portector as well I think

Hi, I wasnt aware that there was such a thing.If you manage to get one please let me know where as im def interested. You dont see many fk2's on the road as only 5000 were made with 2500 for the uk and 2500 for the rest of the world. If you look at the list of the top ten stolen cars the fk2 type r isnt on there. Like me Youve got a car thats up there with the best in terms of performance and technology. Plenty of info on the fk2 online and a video on youtube all about the k20c1 engine that in our cars. Like every type r owner even with the best security devises theres always a risk, just be carefull where you park and uf poss get an ip security camera fitted with l.e.d. lights built in it will record any movement and the leds will illuminate anything that comes into view of the camera. Most of all enjoy you fk2 type r . Regards Fred.

Hi, I wasnt aware that there was such a thing.If you manage to get one please let me know where as im def interested. You dont see many fk2's on the road as only 5000 were made with 2500 for the uk and 2500 for the rest of the world. If you look at the list of the top ten stolen cars the fk2 type r isnt on there. Like me Youve got a car thats up there with the best in terms of performance and technology. Plenty of info on the fk2 online and a video on youtube all about the k20c1 engine that in our cars. Like every type r owner even with the best security devises theres always a risk, just be carefull where you park and uf poss get an ip security camera fitted with l.e.d. lights built in it will record any movement and the leds will illuminate anything that comes into view of the camera. Most of all enjoy you fk2 type r . Regards Fred.

The OBD portector I found is this - https://www.obdportector.com/

Back