• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I've found my unicorn!

After lots of looking for a decent mileage EP3 Premier edition for a while I was starting to give up until my friend messaged me saying that he had "found a unicorn" for me.

He had found this lovely Nighthawk black (Almost) standard example with only 58,000 miles on the clock.

I went for a look, shook his hand on the test drive (His phone rang 4 times) and picked it up this monday just gone!

The interior is like new, the owner before me had it 5 years and had seat covers on it for the entire time.

it's got a full history, mostly with Honda, MOT until July 2020, and I am absolutely thrilled with it!!!!

No real plans apart from tidying it up a bit, new badges, wheel refurb, paint correction etc, but will change the stereo for something more up to date! Also put a normal gear knob on, someone has shaved the numbers off this one for some bizarre reason!

Have a look :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's a terrific example for an EP3! Take good care of each other :) Times like this make me sad, knowing, that Premier Editions only came in right hand drive.

Thanks guys, I'm certainly proud. The guy I bought it from (Lewis) had tears in his eyes as I left. Not sure if it was his love for the car or the fact he undervalued it by about £2,000. :)

Now that's a terrific example for an EP3! Take good care of each other :) Times like this make me sad, knowing, that Premier Editions only came in right hand drive.

Oh I will take good care of her, first plan is to get the underneath all cleaned and rust proofed!

Ones like this are getting harder to find. Good to see that your plans, other then some upgrades, are just to keep her tidy and well maintained.

Looks lovely mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Dutchy, it did take a while to find it to be fair. Especially with the mileage as low as this!

Yeah it's staying OEM as Honda intended apart from the stereo etc. I've ordered some new badges for the front grill and the typical "R" red paint has come off on the back!

Plan is to make it the cleanest EP3 in the UK with the lowest mileage.

As nice as the Recaros look, they aren't as comfy as the original Type R seats IMO, they are really hard!

Really, I couldn’t stand the hardness of the Type R seats, the Recaros are soo much comfier. All personal preference though I suppose.

Really, I couldn’t stand the hardness of the Type R seats, the Recaros are soo much comfier. All personal preference though I suppose.

Indeed, I might be comparing them to the seats in my Leon though as they are super comfy rather than memory of the other two Type R's!

Finally have a day off work tomrorow so have a few quick jobs planned for the car!

Had a new badge finally arrive for the front. I've also gone for the Vinyl insert for the rear R rather than changing the whole badge for now!

Also going to tackle taking these terrible pedals off and try to get some standard ones to put it all back to OEM :)

Good wash and hoover as well! I'll also try and take it for a drive as its been sat on the drive for 10 days without being started! (busy few weeks in work)

ced619fac8b9085959463f84790e2f8d.jpg
a5fcb1e3ff21c4632e43f16cf2425536.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back