• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rain marks on side glass, EP3 Premier

Hello

The side glass on my EP3 Premier has rain marks, just like it is covered in rain drops. It is on both the door and rear quarter glass, on both sides of the car.

The rear quarter's have factory tint and the door's have had tint added at some time.

I would have thought that the tint was added to the inside of the glass?

I have tried to remove the rain marks with Autoglym glass polish but they won't come off. Brake cleaner makes no impact either!

Please can anybody suggest what to do in order to remove these rain marks?

Many Thanks

Steve

Well, I tried all of the straightforward chemical solutions!

The marks did not come off with glass cleaner, vinegar, bathroom lime remover or any other household cleaner you could care to mention. Barry Scott failed miserably.

Youface suggested that 0000 steel wool was the way to go?

Well, I tried it and have to say that it proved to be the most effective, though a little scary to get your head around.

Using it alone did little to be honest, but with a little t-cut the marks were shifted. I suspect they were some sort of polymer sealant.

I can just about still see them when the glass is squeegee'd but I'm happy now as the glass looks good when dry!

So, 0000 steel wool is your friend.

Cheers

Steve

I wonder whether getting a decent glass polishing solution and buffer might be the required solution here, sounds like something might have slightly etched the glass?

Hi Mike

I think that you are right, but I don't have a polisher so have to work manual!

For somebody who likes a shiny car, I don't know why I have never bought one?

I'll look for some glass polish and buy a polisher if what is left of the marks continue to annoy me, now they have been improved some.

Cheers

Steve

Back