• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AD08r as a daily?

Hi all
i am about to put a post up about my new CTR EP3.
The wheels are badly corroded so been looking for a new set of wheels and tyres.
Some buddy club wheels have come up down the road from me with AD08r's on... how will these fair on a daily driver. i know not to expect miles out of them, but roughly how long. more importantly wet weather??

thanks
Pete

I'd say 8-10k a set is possible. They're fine in the wet, just be cautious and avoid standing water.

I struggled to get 8k from a set of eagle F1 front tyres in my EP... I’d say 6k max :lol: 10-12 for the rears. Depends how you drive!

I struggled to get 8k from a set of eagle F1 front tyres in my EP... I’d say 6k max :lol: 10-12 for the rears. Depends how you drive!

Like a hooligan :)
okay thats more than i expected..
Standing water is the only worry then....

I use them on track in the rain and they're fine. They're just not going to clear water as fast as something like Pilot Sport 4 or F1A3 etc.

okay might grab the wheels and then run them till they wear down as they are brand new and wheels and tyres £450

I use AD08r's on my EP3, they've done 4 track days (Spa/Combe/Brands) with 3-4mm left, and they've done 16,000 road miles (need changing soon)- so yes I think they're a good choice as a daily, in the dry excellent and wet good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just changed my ad08r fronts to Michelin ps4, have to say I prefer the ps4 on our crappy roads. The ad08r are great for dry grip, I got 16k out of mine.

I don't have any first hand experience with the AD08R-s, but the praise they get is justified. Following Flashy, I daily drive my EP3, and got Pilot Sport 4s on. Considering you are not shooting Best Motoring episodes every day, or want to cut every tenth of a second from home to the shopping mall, PS4s are well worth considering, especially when you see the 180 vs 320 wear rating. I have to drive like a lunatic, to get even the smallest screech out of the PS4s. Almost double mileage, superb grip dry and wet, I would definately recommend them, if you don't want to go absolutely all out on tyre performance on the streets.

thanks guys/gals!!!

yeah i am thinking i am going to stick some nice new ruber on my current wheels, keep and eye out for just a set of wheels, if not ill paint mine myself

ill see what deals my mates in tyreshop can sort me out with

Back