• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Right, so I decided to have a look at the rear screen wash issue I mentioned earlier....

First, I started by removing the jet nozzle from the motor assembly and testing the rear screen wash function. Washer fluid came out as it was supposed to. That was easy, replacement nozzle required. However, I noticed that the rear wiper arm had gone brittle and cracked in half where it mounts to the wiper motor spindle:

UeuVvqP.jpg

Note the manufacture date of 2004, so original wiper arm. I bought a wiper arm puller and removed the wiper arm. However, because of the crack, it separated from the inner ring, leaving this seized onto the wiper motor spindle:

z4osa4H.jpg

I sliced down the side of this ring to remove it.

New parts - wiper arm, wiper blade and washer jet nozzle. Also pictured is the 22mm grommet for the sill that was missing, but by the by....

HDCp0lh.jpg

While the plastic cover that sits under the wiper arm was removable, I decided to 'back to black' it for a new finish - little things!

Cleaned up the spindle, added a bit of plus gas to it and fitted the wiper arm assembly:

BSwYt5q.jpg

Also adjusted the nozzle jet angle so it clears the wiper arm cap.

All done, screen cleaned and looking brand new. Wiper arm, blade and screen wash jet all working perfectly. Another job done.

eF7GKBn.jpg

Car badly needs a wash, but hey ho!

Last edited:
So the wrap on the centre console started lifting in places and slight creases appearing in others. Plus I fancied a change so it's now gone!

I refitted my mint oem silver centre console trims. This left me with what to do with the oil temp gauge....

I wasn't going to put it back where it was, as I wanted to maintain a factory finish and it was mostly blocked by the gear knob anyway. I decided to relocate it to the glove box.

I ordered a 52 mm pod and cracked on making up a new mini loom. I also decided to buy a new Skunk2 gear knob. This thing is heavy!

So, pics.....

Oil temp gauge moved to glove box with 52 mm pod and new loom. Much more visible and out of sight when glove box door shut:
3UhUUFy.jpg

Brand new Skunk2 gear knob:
KoULE6M.jpg

Gear knob fitted, along with oem silver trims and gear gaiter:
4y6xjMP.jpg

eu8TiBX.jpg

TceODEA.jpg

Pretty happy with that :D

Last edited:
Looking great Craig, I have recently purchased a Japspeed 200 cel sports Cat. Does it run lean? And does it require a remap afterwords. Or in my case I map tweak as I already am remapped on k100 but with standard OEM cat.
Cheers

Looking great Craig, I have recently purchased a Japspeed 200 cel sports Cat. Does it run lean? And does it require a remap afterwords. Or in my case I map tweak as I already am remapped on k100 but with standard OEM cat.
Cheers

Hi mate,

I was running the stock ecu with the Japspeed 200 cel and the only issue I had was with the EML coming on, which was sorted with a 90 degree spacer. No issues at all with how the car ran. You may have better options with the K100 though, as the 200 cel is freer flowing.

In other news, I have been looking at sports cars for months. I previously owned 5 MR2 turbos (not at the same time!!), and was itching to be back in a sports car. I'd recently turned 40, and had the Civic for 4 years. Thought I'd treat myself :D

So, here she is, the Civic's replacement:

P4oSZZc.jpg

Completely standard GT86. No real plans for it, other than drive it. Above picture was during a B road blast in the sunshine. :cool:

Craig

Hi mate,

I was running the stock ecu with the Japspeed 200 cel and the only issue I had was with the EML coming on, which was sorted with a 90 degree spacer. No issues at all with how the car ran. You may have better options with the K100 though, as the 200 cel is freer flowing.

In other news, I have been looking at sports cars for months. I previously owned 5 MR2 turbos (not at the same time!!), and was itching to be back in a sports car. I'd recently turned 40, and had the Civic for 4 years. Thought I'd treat myself :D

So, here she is, the Civic's replacement:

P4oSZZc.jpg

Completely standard GT86. No real plans for it, other than drive it. Above picture was during a B road blast in the sunshine. :cool:

Craig
Nice gt86 Craig, I do have a soft spot for these. Enjoy driving it.

Are you keeping the EP aswell? after all that care and attention
EP3 has gone. The GT86 replaced it.

I enjoyed my 4 years of tinkering with the EP3, but fancied a sports car again. And having just turned 40, thought I’d treat myself. New chapter and all that.

EP3 has gone. The GT86 replaced it.

Ooft. I hope the next owner takes good care of it, after all that work you'd done. Looked like a beaut.

GT86 looks tidy, I've always liked the look of these. IIRC there was a Top Gear review and they looked to have a ton of fun in it.

Ooft. I hope the next owner takes good care of it, after all that work you'd done. Looked like a beaut.

GT86 looks tidy, I've always liked the look of these. IIRC there was a Top Gear review and they looked to have a ton of fun in it.
Hope so. I’m pretty ocd / meticulous with my cars!
Thanks - Yep. Great fun. Really enjoying the car so far. Just so much fun to drive.
Nice to be back in a sports car. Reminds me of my various mr2 turbos. Toyota have done a great job making the car feel old school :cool:

Hi, Craig , Quick question regarding the sports cat you had on your ep3 . it was 200 cel but what Make was it ?and did you have any problems getting it though the mot .

Back