• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

After radiator and coolant change major problem, please help.

I’ve changed my radiator and coolant today as I had a small leak on the radiator. Everything is back together and just like before however Ive come to fill with coolant and filled via the radiator cap like most people recommend and now gone to start the car to let it warm up and release any air. However the car reached temperature within about 2 minutes and the fan came on but stays on and doesn’t switch off. The radiator cap is off and there is a huge amount of air keep bubbling out. Could this just be a case of an air lock / allowing more time to let the air out? When I turn the engine off with just the ignition on the fan runs for about a minute then clicks off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

If anyone’s interested? I sorted this problem. For anybody experiencing a similar problem after changing your radiator or coolant then the problem was a massive air lock. After 4 hours of trying different methods to get rid of the air including draining the coolant and starting again, i thankfully got it clear. Everything seems perfect now.

I'm sad I haven't come across this topic earlier. Bubbling is quite normal, when changing the coolant, considering you see no smoke in the radiator. I've heard, that in EP civics in general, it's a good idea to lift the front a bit, when trying to get the air out after a coolant change. It produces better results quicker.

I’ve changed my radiator and coolant today as I had a small leak on the radiator. Everything is back together and just like before however Ive come to fill with coolant and filled via the radiator cap like most people recommend and now gone to start the car to let it warm up and release any air. However the car reached temperature within about 2 minutes and the fan came on but stays on and doesn’t switch off. The radiator cap is off and there is a huge amount of air keep bubbling out. Could this just be a case of an air lock / allowing more time to let the air out? When I turn the engine off with just the ignition on the fan runs for about a minute then clicks off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Which radiator did you go for mate?

I was going to go for the Tegiwa aluminium radiator at 1st but they were out of stock everywhere 10 - 15 days delivery, I was in a bit of a rush , so went for the M2 aluminium radiator instead and it’s spot on. Can’t fault it. Good quality, good price and fitment was perfect too with OEM fans ect. Would definitely recommend the M2 Radiator.

I was going to go for the Tegiwa aluminium radiator at 1st but they were out of stock everywhere 10 - 15 days delivery, I was in a bit of a rush , so went for the M2 aluminium radiator instead and it’s spot on. Can’t fault it. Good quality, good price and fitment was perfect too with OEM fans ect. Would definitely recommend the M2 Radiator.

I went for the Tegiwa radiator didn't come across M2 radiator

Back