• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 downpipe - will it sound better?

Hi,

I'm looking to get a better and slightly louder sound from a currently stock FK8. K&N panel filter going on tonight and I want to mod the exhaust, I've been toying with a res delete or a sort of cust b pipe setup, a full system just seems too expensive and all that I've heard I'm not impressed by or just seem to droney. Anyway I popped across to a local tuner today and they suggested a downpipe/decat. Saying that it had a precat and a post cat setup so the downpipe would take out the latter and give me just what I'm after whilst keeping the stock cat back.

I should should it's for about 4 and a half year warranty left so I just want a bolt on/off solution.

Thanks

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi Gareth

Just a FYI a down pipe decat will make the car sound better along with cutting out the mid resonate however you cannot run the fk8 with a down pipe decay without a map otherwise the fueling will be so far out you will blow the engine. It needs a remap.

Hope this helps.

Back