• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

Got home from work earlier and the honda dealership called....
The salesman who sold me my car offered me a free ticket for the FoS on Thursday. Nice gesture I thought and then he mentioned that I could take the demonstrator R out for a ragging on the Goodwood hill climb track :eek: :cool:
2 seconds later it was a done deal.......No pressure on seeing how far I can push the R given I haven't tracked mine yet.....:lol:

Yeah, you’ll enjoy it. Other manufacturers have professional drivers, Honda are decent enough to let you drive yourself.

I am sorry WTF???? I have been going to Goodwood both as member of the public, and taking clients for 10+ years and I've never even got as much as sniff of the tarmac.....And your Honda Dealer invites you up the hill????!!!! Right, Chiswick Honda, I've got the hump...

I am sorry WTF???? I have been going to Goodwood both as member of the public, and taking clients for 10+ years and I've never even got as much as sniff of the tarmac.....And your Honda Dealer invites you up the hill????!!!! Right, Chiswick Honda, I've got the hump...

If you go on a Thursday and it's quiet around the tents at the bottom of the hill, ask the Honda dealer there if you can take one. Think it's only Yeomans that are representing Honda at Goodwood

yeah Fan, apparently they only consider taking people up the hill with OEM exhausts. :lol:

If you can't make it Kev, let me know I'll be only too glad to help out ;-)

is it so crazy though that Honda listen to customer feedback? In the time of the i30N and even the 3 cylinder fiesta ST giving pops and bangs, Honda missed a trick. Especially after the FK2 got a negative press regarding exhaust sound. My remus is great but come on Honda!! There is still time!!

is it so crazy though that Honda listen to customer feedback? In the time of the i30N and even the 3 cylinder fiesta ST giving pops and bangs, Honda missed a trick. Especially after the FK2 got a negative press regarding exhaust sound. My remus is great but come on Honda!! There is still time!!

Not quite so sure they missed a trick. I like the way my type R sounds. I'd like it to be selectively a little louder (cue the Remus purchase!) but i don't want it to pop and bang all the time. Someone i know has a golf R with the akra exhaust and it does it constantly.

It's really funny the first time it does it...with your mates....sunny day driving through town, but after about 1 week i can imagine it getting really tedious. For example Traffic jams, getting to work, driving round car parks etc? There's a lad round the corner from me who had a Fiat 500 Abarth, clearly tuned to pop as loudly as possible. Makes me smile in sympathy every time he drives past.

:smt100

Sorry, had a think about this and have just decided i'm getting old, aren't I!!!!!! Actually they should have tuned sport or R+ to make lots of noise and had the ability to turn it off in comfort. Perfect world.

Enjoy your cars guys, i know i do!!

+1 for no pops/bangs. my f2k remus does is exceptionally rarely when 100% open (noticed it <10 times in the 2yrs+ i've had it) but having it all the time...no thankyou!

Went there today.. was pretty wet.

Only took a few pics.

583a9274b34cd65bf90f9946e3f43006.jpg
c6be9c5edd03e73b7891606c6f2c10fe.jpg
8f6a776d3ec3868c9c22ff9245281488.jpg

24ec5ee4c43cc3c0ffdda8ef2b7a48eb.jpg

11230b7cd506883db03756be7cc46f53.jpg

29119438f0b535cf2d2cd39d09dad9cb.jpg

32e1c2ade966233b15dee72e45aa9c1b.jpg

Loving that new A45.....would have to be the S, which would mean selling most things i have including her indoors

And this thing ... do not want. (Even though it’s more or less a bmw)

It’s like an Fk8 and an m140 made love.
23a9dd25691f4c4e7bd9db7b706aa98c.jpg

I was there both Saturday and Sunday. It was a great weekend despite this morning's weather. Biggest disappointment was the Honda and VW stands. If I hadn’t already bought my fk8 I’d have thought they’d have stopped production along with 99% of the Honda range.

Back