• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Notchy? at dead straight

So steering.. on mine it steers and drives perfectly.. except when on a straight road trying to go straight there is like a notch at dead centre, it will either be slightly left or slightly right, so contantly adjusting the steering,.
Its just had MOt and i asked to extra check there was no real play in anything, there wasn't

I've not had the alignment done as this feels much more like a mechanical notch. like a high spot on the rack you have to overcome. The steering rack does not sqeek or make any noises..

Is this a thing? or what should i be looking at?

Its a EP3 pre-facelift type R with 106k on the clock

thanks

I'm sure that that's the steering rack slider or something relating too that.
It is common my folks old civic used to do it and I have a Jazz as my daily runner and that is the same, its like a 'sticky' point in the steering as you said left or right just off centre.

I have exactly this issue with my car and it's really annoying, it's especially noticeable when doing 50mph through Average speed camera zones.

Have you resolved it since posting here?

Thanks

Paul

Back