Home

Thread: 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

Default 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

My main gripe with my Honda is the touch screen on my 2018 FK8. Downright bloody dangerous and I now see the 2019 FK8 has push buttons and a rotary volume control. I would like to get a new head unit but will it fit a 2018 FK8 and how much would it cost? Any Honda UK people willing to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    My main gripe with my Honda is the touch screen on my 2018 FK8. Downright bloody dangerous and I now see the 2019 FK8 has push buttons and a rotary volume control. I would like to get a new head unit but will it fit a 2018 FK8 and how much would it cost? Any Honda UK people willing to comment?
    The new head unit seems to be US only, and in my opinion it's a bit crap (not the the old one is any good either... I was happy using Android Auto 100% with the steering wheel controls 100% of the time!). No idea why the didn't implement the one seen in the new Accord (search 2018 Honda Accord infotainment in YouTube).
    2005 Royal Navy Blue Honda S2000
    2019 Performance Blue Ford Fiesta ST-2 (currently in production)

This topic is interesting. Personally I find the OEM fine once I plug in the phone and it plays my podcasts and if I'm using sat nav it's great. I think those that grumble about the infotainment should just live with it for a month or 2, then they would realise its just a distraction and does nothing to detract from the experience. If you're looking for AMG levels of interaction with augmented sat nav etc, look elsewhere. I had a 106 rallye and the only thing digital was the clock. I appreciate things have moved on and buyers of a hot hatch want it all but there is a reason they supply this bog standard system global, i.e. it's the first thing Japanese swap out
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1