• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New member help needed Ecu

Hi guys i own a type r ep3 , I’ve just purchased a k100 Ecu with a tdi north map pre owned frm eBay
Along with it came a ignition and key and was told it would be plug and play , after installation she’s just turning over with the green key symbol flashing , does anyone please no if I need to get this new Ecu and ignition reprogrammed for my car , thx

The immobilizer is coded to the key, that's what the barrel and key was for, so unless you swap those too, yes you will need your existing key recoding.

What map is on it? Tdi custom map to the individual car and the mods, so it's likely the map won't be ideal for what you have.

The immobilizer is coded to the key, that's what the barrel and key was for, so unless you swap those too, yes you will need your existing key recoding.

What map is on it? Tdi custom map to the individual car and the mods, so it's likely the map won't be ideal for what you have.

Thank you for replying
Yes I’ve also tried using the new key / barrel that came with k100 Ecu , still same problem green flashing key / just turning over.
I’ve got her booked in with Honda on Monday to marry everything up , regarding the tdi north map I’m aware that it may not be ideal although I’ve got the same mods near enough as the ep3 it came out of4-2-1 de cat - cobra central/ backbox /k and n intake and spoon 70mm throttle bodies .it was always in the bck of my mind that I would need to get it bck to tdi north for the right tune for my car . I was enticed with plug and play or so I thought.

Back