• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dream car at 18

Let’s be honest here, we probably all spent far in excess of £3000 a year on alcohol, women, drugs etc when we were 18!

That insurance isn't as astronomical as it could have been. IMO.

My insurance didn't drop below four figures until I turned 26, and at 18 my first car was a 1.2 Corsa SXI that reached about £2,700 a year once I'd modified it.

Car after that was a 1.4 Saxo Furio (VTS body but smaller engine), and once that came out of the bodyshop it was £3,600 a year lump sum. Believe it would have been almost £400 a month if I wanted it in instalments.

After that it was a 1.8 Corsa SRI but that only lasted six hours. Beyond that evening I simply couldn't insure anything (had various points and claims by then), so had a three year gap for everything to dissipate before buying the EP3 with zero NCB...

Essentially I bought the car in the dark and didn't realise that the front wheels were fitted the wrong way round (directional tyres facing the wrong way).

Rather than water being drawn from the centre outwards (Eagle F1 GSD2's), it pooled in the centre when it started raining and upon taking a right hand bend that was the exit to a field (muddy) I ended up losing traction.

Mounted the pavement on the right side, struck a flint wall which sheered the offside rear wheel off and knocked me out when I headbutted the window. Foot stuck on the accelerator while unconscious, back across the road left, and took out a gate to allotments and about 3m of flint wall that was over two foot thick at over 70mph (according to the police report).

They reckon because I was unconscious is the reason I survived because my body was limp and moved with the car. Even with that I was even luckier as it was early morning but somehow someone else was on the road; I came to whilst being lifted out of the car by this passer-by just as the car was catching fire...

Essentially I bought the car in the dark and didn't realise that the front wheels were fitted the wrong way round (directional tyres facing the wrong way).

Rather than water being drawn from the centre outwards (Eagle F1 GSD2's), it pooled in the centre when it started raining and upon taking a right hand bend that was the exit to a field (muddy) I ended up losing traction.

Mounted the pavement on the right side, struck a flint wall which sheered the offside rear wheel off and knocked me out when I headbutted the window. Foot stuck on the accelerator while unconscious, back across the road left, and took out a gate to allotments and about 3m of flint wall that was over two foot thick at over 70mph (according to the police report).

They reckon because I was unconscious is the reason I survived because my body was limp and moved with the car. Even with that I was even luckier as it was early morning but somehow someone else was on the road; I came to whilst being lifted out of the car by this passer-by just as the car was catching fire...

Wow glad you was alright man stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back