• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dream car at 18

6c6168e461959c4192c8ce41f08c1dde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go one then how much for your insurance Harry?

Nice car btw.

My son is 17 and a week after his birthday he did his CBT and bought a 67 plate Suzuki GSX-S125 in matt black.
Lovely bike - £1003 insurance though fully comp with £500 xs.

And we bought a bike thinking insurance would be loads cheaper than a car.

Go one then how much for your insurance Harry?

Nice car btw.

My son is 17 and a week after his birthday he did his CBT and bought a 67 plate Suzuki GSX-S125 in matt black.
Lovely bike - £1003 insurance though fully comp with £500 xs.

And we bought a bike thinking insurance would be loads cheaper than a car.

Insurance for the year for me is 3000

Insurance for the year for me is 3000

Holy smoke :eek:

God I insure the Porsche for £260 and the Clio RS200 for about the same. :lol:
The benefit of being the wrong side of 40.
Oh yeah and my 2.2 diesel CR-V costs me £123 lol

When I was 18 I had a 4-speed manual Nissan Micra 1.0 - not a car to pull birds in I hasten to add...

Fair play to you Harry. :cool:
If you've got the money, get the nice car. I wish I could have had something like that at that age.

Enjoy the car and as I say to my lad, just be safe.

£3000! Jeebus.

I did once get a quote for just over £8000 for a pulsar gti-r. Think I was paying about £350 for it at the time.
I was paying £550 for an evo 5 and a little pug 106 on multicar. That was with all mods declared on the Evo.

At 18 I had a 1.0 metro and that was plenty fast enough for my driving ability :)

Just to upset you guys, in Hungary, I pay £88 a year for insurance, and about £30 as performance tax. And this being the first car on my name, I'm in the lowest bonus-malus bracket, next year, I will pay about half of this. :D Buying it cost about £440 though, getting the car on your name officially is quite expensive here.

Averaging one car change a year, that gets pretty expensive - nearly £10k in registration fees since I started driving.

Think my 1.2 Clio at 17 was about £2500-3000 third party, wrote it off in the first month.
So explains why its insurance is so high because of people like me.

I didn't claim though as I probably would never have got insured again for years.

Averaging one car change a year, that gets pretty expensive - nearly £10k in registration fees since I started driving.

It gets worse, than that. Cost scales up with engine size and power output, so purchasing an FK2 would be £620, and if you want it from abroad, which is a regular case due to the small market we have, you would have to pay £1270 registration tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Write down the engine sizes, fuel, year of production, and output, I'll tell you how much it would be :D

No wonder so many kids drive without insurance!

You have done the right thing but at a hell of a price - how much was the car again?

Enjoy it and keep it shiny side up.

Holy smoke :eek:

God I insure the Porsche for £260 and the Clio RS200 for about the same. :lol:
The benefit of being the wrong side of 40.
Oh yeah and my 2.2 diesel CR-V costs me £123 lol

When I was 18 I had a 4-speed manual Nissan Micra 1.0 - not a car to pull birds in I hasten to add...

Fair play to you Harry. :cool:
If you've got the money, get the nice car. I wish I could have had something like that at that age.

Enjoy the car and as I say to my lad, just be safe.

Wow a Porsche, RS and CRV you're living the life mate .
Thank you mate

No wonder so many kids drive without insurance!

You have done the right thing but at a hell of a price - how much was the car again?

Enjoy it and keep it shiny side up.

Tell me about it car was 5000 which wasn’t too bad as I part ex’ed my old one for 3000.

Write down the engine sizes, fuel, year of production, and output, I'll tell you how much it would be :D

Exorbitant. Given some of the vehicles I've owned I'd be surprised if it wasn't many tens of thousands.

Back