• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Dc2 turbo help

Hi
I have a dc2 which has had a turbo conversion. Which I have recently just purchased. Don’t really know a lot about the car.

The problem is I will drive fine for 10mins then it won’t rev past 3500rpm. Sometimes restarting can sort the issue for 10mins. Other times you need to let it cool.
Anyway I changed the tps and now it won’t rev past 2000rpm. And when u hit 2k it just dies back down to idle. The throttle does nothing until it drops down to idle.
In neutral the car will rev to redline. Also will rev to red line With the clutch depressed in gear.

Any one had similar problems.

Any help would be much appreciated

Also it’s running a hondata s300 Ecu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just done some test on the TPS. And I have 5v on the yellow which is correct. But on the red and ground I have nothing. I have continuity across the 2 but no voltage. I’ve tried 2tps and both the same. When I open the throttle the continuity goes between the red and ground.

Just done some test on the TPS. And I have 5v on the yellow which is correct. But on the red and ground I have nothing. I have continuity across the 2 but no voltage. I’ve tried 2tps and both the same. When I open the throttle the continuity goes between the red and ground.

Red and ground (chassis or battery terminal) you get 0 when untouched, does it change at all when you move the throttle-plate?

How do you have this hooked up, that is - how have to arranged a connection to the TPS when it's also plugged into the wiring harness?

Iv stripper the red cable a little bit just before it goes into the TPS. I’m getting ground from chassis. Battery in boot. All it’s giving me is continuity. No voltage at all. Even when the the throttle is opened. I have 5v going in on the yellow only. I’ve tried 2 different sensors. Ignition is on second position.

It’s got to be the TPS I recon. As got 5v going in and I have a good ground. Just nothing coming ou on the redt. Thing is car was running before I switched the TPS. And when I fitted the old one back in it still won’t rev past 2k. Strange.

Iv just ran smanager on car. Tps has 0% input. Going to order another tps and see what happens.

Back