• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering not going bck to central

Hi guys after my ep3 been stood 18 months , I finally got round to getting her bck
ready for track / road use the first thing I did was book her in for the MOT see what i needed to get done first
I decided while it was already in the garage I’d let him change/upgrade all 4 discs and pads . Now here’s the thing car passed MoT no probs but the mot inspector mentioned lots of play in the steering but still passed it .
Driving her bck home the steering was really bad ( when I go to turn a corner unless i manually correct the car would just go round in circles, it’s took me a lot of hassle and 3 months to get the mechanic to look at what he did wrong while changing my discs and pads (said he had to use FORCE to remove old discs )
Anyway he advise changing the steering rack slider ( what a **** of a job) which has made absolutely no difference , now I’ve spoken to the mot tester who advised me that I couldn’t have been anything to do with ball joints or drop links etc as he said if that was the case it wouldn’t have passed the mot , I’m starting to wish I’d have just changed the rack completely while I had it out doing the slider , has anyone had the same problem but I’ve read lots of posts we’re changing the rack hasn’t helped with the steering snapping bck to central, any help tips anything else I can try b4 a new rack .
Just to add my car had already been in for pre MOT (needed one tyre) b4 he did the discs and pads the mot guy said there was not a problem the first time the car came in so it’s obvious he caused it removing old discs , I had that much hassle trying to get the mechanic to even look at my car again I really don’t want him anywhere near my car again ,big lesson learnt .

Back