• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 brake upgrade

hi all
ive just been through a set of yellow stuff pads in a couple of track days and wondering whether to replace with the same, ds3000's, blue stuff race pads or something else?
or go the whole hog and go for an ap kit with floating discs.
what are others using?
cheers rob

Pagid RS29 won't go wrong - price though, I've used them on 3 track days + 6000 road miles, still only half worn...

and geat brakes.

Hi mate! My take is stock rear discs, RPB front discs, yellow stuff on all corners, and quality 5.1 fluid. Based on what I know, this setup should be sufficient for a couple of track days and faster road driving. Should you be looking for cutting down on every tenth of a second possible, you can go for something more serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate! My take is stock rear discs, RPB front discs, yellow stuff on all corners, and quality 5.1 fluid. Based on what I know, this setup should be sufficient for a couple of track days and faster road driving. Should you be looking for cutting down on every tenth of a second possible, you can go for something more serious.

when you say something more serious do you mean a big brake kit? have you tried the blue stuff race pads?
cheers rich

Yes, by more serious, I meant aftermarket calipers, bigger discs, maybe even master cylinder etc. I wanted to keep it budget friendly, because I will only do 1-2 trackdays a year, and if RPB disc are good for Civic cup cars, they will definately cut it for me. EP3s have decent sized disc as stock, so I don't feel the need for bigger ones. RPB, yellowstuff, brake stopper, braided lines, 5.1 fluid, this should be a nice upgrade on a reasonable budget.

I have not tried bluestuff pads, but I read very good things about them, although they are race pads, and not street legal in Europe according to the EBC website.

Back