• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 immobilizer programming after ECU swap

Hi guys! Since noone could fix the late VTEC and high rev limit issue I have, I bought a stock ECU from a breaker. I know the car will not run with it, because the immobilizer needs to be programmed to my keys. Is there a way to do it at home, with an app or something, or do I need to take it to a Honda dealer?

Sadly, unless you have a key-programmer, it's a Honda job (or with someone who does have a key programmer). I've been looking into this myself of late, it's the one big annoyance I have, since most other stuff can be done by yourself without too much trouble.

I didn't give it much hope after the research I've done, but I thought I'd ask here as a last resort. One solution would've been the physical removal and installation of the immobilizer chips, but I didn't want to get into soldering. No matter how many videos, and guides I looked at, there was never a definitive answer on how to do it, so Honda dealer it is. I wonder how much they will charge for the pressing of a few buttons.

Back