• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1991 Prelude 2.0 EX - help parts required - HELP FROM TRADERS / experts ?!!

JMR

TRO Supporter
Mate at work has a 1991 Prelude 2.0 EX in Hampshire Green.

Been really well looked after and I think he's had it about 14 years and only done a couple of thousand miles. :)
I think it's on about 36k from new. Been garaged most of its life, certainly the last 14 years.

He's wanting to get it back on the road and he's got just about all the service parts he needs, a lot of which is now complete.
Engine oil, gearbox oil, filters, spark plugs, aux belt, discs, pads, tyres.
Coming along nicely.

Now here's where it gets interesting.
He's picked up some bits from Eurocarparts and Allwoods and the parts are not correct for his reg/year of Prelude.

Struggling to get hold of a fuel filter (and wondering where in the car it actually is !!!)
And a timing belt.
Been sent one but it's the wrong size.

Genuine Honda parts are obsolete. :(

Can anyone like TDI or Grindspeed or any other experts shed any light on them for us ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah and comically we managed to get hold of both new front calipers, but only the near side rear one - so we've had to send the old f/s one off to be refurbished.

The fuel filter should be up against the firewall in the engine bay.

12900_ff_2.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's one of these - https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/fuel-filter/nps/h133a13/

Is this the same for a 2.0 mike?

I thought it was a 1.8 originally but it is actually a 2.0

Looks like my mate is all sorted on everything now.

The rear caliper is back for being refurb'd with new seals and a new piston and looks brand new.
He's managed to get hold of two timing belts from a place in Germany where the genuine part numbers matched up.

Should have them in the next 10 days or so.

That will be the mechanicals all good.
I think he's putting off any bodywork til next year.

Back