• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Choice of 2 JDM EP3's...Any advice for me?

Morning guys/girls,

Looking for some advice/input regarding a jdm ep3. I have 2 cars lined up, both 02 plates and both approx 8k.

Car 1 has 60k miles and i havent seen the condition as its fresh import in transit but is a grade 4. I believe it has a few scratches and a small dent that will be fixed.

Car 2 has 80k miles and is mint condition and was imported in 2008. Also had a spoon backbox and a carbon fibre gearstick/cd player fascia.

Now do i go for the mint condition with 80k or the probably very good condition of the 60k?

I am thinking of clutches, big services etc. I plan on putting 5k miles a year on the car. Weekender that will only be used in the dry.

Beautiful dilemma !

Has the 80k one been rust-treated? Have you been underneath it to see the kind of condition it's in?

I think, personally, I'd go for the fresh import, the other has 11 years of UK ownership under its belt.

Thanks for the reply. The underside is clean, no rust or damage. At 80k is there anything mechanical wise due such as a new clutch or chain tensioners etc that will be due?

Purchased the 80k, i will get some photos up in the appropriate section soon Out tonight in the car, different animal from my 1.6 vivic executive 54 plate auto 4spd daily

Hi Monty

Was the 60ker in Glasgow? If so I’ve bought it.

I also looked at one on 80k from TGT. Both were grade 4 for so went for the lower mileage as were as similar price

There is a relay nice stock car at Torque gt down in Devon. They also have a couple coming in soon. A very low miler under 10000 I believe. The one they have at the moment looks like its been kept inside most of its life. Its very clean underneath. All the alloy under the bonnet is clean with no white like salt residue as if its been inside when its wet and cold. Im not sure if it is salt that gets into the alloy. Very few British cars haven't got it. I have found only cars kept in heated garages dont have it. Is there a way to remove it?

Seems TGT have now sold their stock car. They do indeed have a low mileage (<8k!) coming in - cant begin to imagine what that will be marked up at - £15k+?
Decent EP3's - JDM or Euro don't seem to hang around for very long.

I think I can remember It going to be more than 15 . But it has all upgrades you could get on one car. Could be interesting. I've Sean one marked up at 17 but Im not sure what it went for. They did the white background photo shoot with a long article as part of the sales pitch. I can remember Heroes being in the Web title. Its quite interesting if your new to EP3s.

Back