• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Rev limiter before 7K?

Hi peeps,

Isn’t the Rev limit supposed to be 7K on these cars? Mine seems to run into what feels like a soft limiter at 6.5k some times with a large power drop off but other times will pull to 7K without issue. Makes it really difficult to judge the upshift as the red shift lights seem to flash on the limiter when this happens not a just before it like you’d expect.

Any thoughts?

I've heard of this before - maybe its a variable one, based on oil temp etc... Or the rev counter is slightly behind the pace

I hardly ping off mine....but someone told me with remus you get some nice pops...so I am off out now..

I've heard of this before - maybe its a variable one, based on oil temp etc... Or the rev counter is slightly behind the pace

I hardly ping off mine....but someone told me with remus you get some nice pops...so I am off out now..

The car is always well warmed up before I go anywhere near high revs so no oil temp issues.

I would be helpful if you could gather some data, to help you fellow CTR owner of course

I haven't actually hit the limiter yet but can vouch that it must be at least at 7k and theres no drop off at 6.5k.

I am fastidious about not revving my car when cold, though. It may restrict it if the car isn't happy though. My M3 had a moving red line when the car was cold that started at 4.5K when you first switch it on and made it's way up to over 7k once fully warm. Had lights on the rev counter to show it too!!

I haven't actually hit the limiter yet but can vouch that it must be at least at 7k and theres no drop off at 6.5k.

I am fastidious about not revving my car when cold, though. It may restrict it if the car isn't happy though. My M3 had a moving red line when the car was cold that started at 4.5K when you first switch it on and made it's way up to over 7k once fully warm. Had lights on the rev counter to show it too!!

E46? Me too. Tbh even that moved up to allow max revs at too low an oil temp for me so I had it recoded. It’s disappointing that the FK8 doesn’t have an oil temp gauge.

To be clear it will always rev to 7K but it seems to sometimes hit a wall power wise at 6.5k. I’ll have to test it out a bit more and see if there is a pattern but obviously it’s hard to do safely often on the road.

E46? Me too. Tbh even that moved up to allow max revs at too low an oil temp for me so I had it recoded. It’s disappointing that the FK8 doesn’t have an oil temp gauge.

To be clear it will always rev to 7K but it seems to sometimes hit a wall power wise at 6.5k. I’ll have to test it out a bit more and see if there is a pattern but obviously it’s hard to do safely often on the road.

F80 for me!! Keep an eye on that at 6.5k. Mine sings its way up to 7k and it's only got 2.5k miles on it so i expect it to still be a bit tight.

One of the things I miss from the FK2 to the FK8 is the extra info like oil temp
I think with Ktuner you can get the extra dials on the radio display though?

You can indeed. A remap is a step to far though for me.... If I keep it, will be first thing I do though (7mod or superchips or Ktuner or Hondata I mean)

For what it's worth, I've never experienced a power drop off at 6.5k. Mine always pulls hard to the 7k redline.

Are you sure traction control isn't cutting in?

Weirdly it seems fine now, along with fixing the centre console rattling I’m happy with it again! Now on to Cadwell at the end of Aug to ruin some £220 a corner tires!

Weirdly it seems fine now, along with fixing the centre console rattling I’m happy with it again! Now on to Cadwell at the end of Aug to ruin some £220 a corner tires!

How was fixing the rattle? Ache of Ball, or straight forward? Did you locate the rattle or just foam up everything?

Not too bad once I summed up the courage to just take it all apart rather than trying to jam tape into gaps. Followed a YouTube video intended for changing shifter bushings. Just be gentle and use plastic trim tools.

Never figured out what exactly what was tapping just applied a little felt tape in places where there were gaps and so far so good. No rattle in a couple of hundred miles.

Back