• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP2 & EP3 swap reshell/blown/donor EP3

Hi, my 52 plate EP3 is looking very faded (Milano pink) , a bit rusty and car park dents here and there, so I'm looking to reshell it, into a newer EP3 2005/06, maybe with a blow engine or has been used as a donor car — but they're really had to find, So plan B is, there are lots of low price, low mileage, good body shell condition EP2's around. So mines a track car, so if I bought an EP2 and swapped the engine/gearbox/suspension/cage and all the running gear, is the rest of the EP2 the same as an EP3 i.e body shell rigidity/wiring loom/dash etc?

The EP3 shell is seam-welded in places too whereas the EP2 is not, this makes the body more rigid (part of the reason for its cost increase). Instrument cluster is different, wiring loom is likely to be since the EP3 runs the K20 and the EP2 runs the D16V1 so it's a completely different family.

The EP3 shell is seam-welded in places too whereas the EP2 is not, this makes the body more rigid (part of the reason for its cost increase). Instrument cluster is different, wiring loom is likely to be since the EP3 runs the K20 and the EP2 runs the D16V1 so it's a completely different family.

I was sorta thinking this but I think you're right :picardfp:

If it's a track car then you might consider re-shelling it into something like a Civic EK

Reasons

1) Much lighter than the EP2/3
2) Double wishbone front suspension, they turn in MUCH nicer :)
3) Lots available, and cheap
4) Manual and hydraulic steering options

Only real downside is rust. But there are clean ones.

EF Civic / CRX is the lightest
EK Civic is the easiest to K swap
EG Civic is somewhere between those two

Back