• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 100 speed humps on my daily commute, is a CTR fn2 for me ?

Hi all.

As the title suggests not bought one yet.

For the last 10 years I've driven 6 cylinder rwd auto mercs and quite frankly bored as a coot.

I drive 300 plus miles a week. My journey to work consists of 4 mile country lane blast, 10 miles slow mway, then 6 miles of town driving over the 50 speed humps at a average speed of 2 mph.

So is the crashy nature of the CTR likely to drive me crazy or will the country lane blasts sway me and make it worth my while.

Any thoughts.

Cheers

PMP

The crashy nature will probably get a bit tiresome, as will the consumption of more than a tank of fuel a week. They are really good fun on the b-roads though.

Sadly I think this is on you and exactly how much you can put up with.

I've got the fk2 and drive 200 miles a week back n forth to work....mostly motorway, but a nice b road and a few speed pumps and traffic lights....i look forward to driving to and from work for only that reason :twisted:

Any car is going to be a pain with that many speed humps.
The CTR probably won't be any worse depending on how you drive over them.

But as mike points out you will get through at least a tank full every week, although that might not be too bad against the Mercs.

The country lane bit and what you can do with it when you are not commuting might make up for the bumps.

I've got the fk2 and drive 200 miles a week back n forth to work....mostly motorway, but a nice b road and a few speed pumps and traffic lights....i look forward to driving to and from work for only that reason :twisted:

The FK2 has adjustable dampers and a lot of other changes making for a bit of a different drive to the FN2 though :)

I wouldn't call them adjustable dampers, rather adaptive dampers and of course the r mode stiffens them by about 30%....but can't argue with the fn2 being a lot harder!!

God no, I'm lowered 15mm, widened 15mm and I go out of my way to miss just 2 speed humps..... if it were 10 or more I would change car

So is the crashy nature of the CTR likely to drive me crazy or will the country lane blasts sway me and make it worth my while.

Hmmmm, that username looks familiar :lol:

From experience, the CTR is going to p*ss you off intensely around town, and will not shine on the motorway. Whether that's worth it for the 4 miles of backroads only you can judge.

Back