• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Odd R-number. Whats the max R-number for championship white type R?

I am looking for Championship white type R online, then I found something odd. I found one Championship white reg at 2011 march, not high millage only selling 8000 pound. I almost go for it but when I check car valuation on autotrader, the model linked to this reg NO. is 09-11 civic type R instead of championship white. I check the other championship white in the same website and they all turn out to championship white. I then look at the R-number in front of the gear knob and it is R-1635, while the other championship white are R-0xxx (lower than 700), it makes sense as championship white should be 600 limited edition. I also check the number on normal type R has one more number (R-xxxxx). So I am confused, the number jumped up too much and if it is completely random, whats this number for?

I also read some posts here saying normal type R seems has a bit random number and the type R manufactured after May 2010 have LSD, which is no difference to Championship White. But to me this worry me a lot as I might spend Championship white money to buy a normal (maybe colour changed) type R...SO I really wanna know whats the max R-number and is there a way to track the record so that I know this is a LSD version?

Thank you guys.

I am looking for Championship white type R online, then I found something odd. I found one Championship white reg at 2011 march, not high millage only selling 8000 pound. I almost go for it but when I check car valuation on autotrader, the model linked to this reg NO. is 09-11 civic type R instead of championship white. I check the other championship white in the same website and they all turn out to championship white. I then look at the R-number in front of the gear knob and it is R-1635, while the other championship white are R-0xxx (lower than 700), it makes sense as championship white should be 600 limited edition. I also check the number on normal type R has one more number (R-xxxxx). So I am confused, the number jumped up too much and if it is completely random, whats this number for?

I also read some posts here saying normal type R seems has a bit random number and the type R manufactured after May 2010 have LSD, which is no difference to Championship White. But to me this worry me a lot as I might spend Championship white money to buy a normal (maybe colour changed) type R...SO I really wanna know whats the max R-number and is there a way to track the record so that I know this is a LSD version?

Thank you guys.
Ask for a photo of log book

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If it's the one that starts FE11, yes it does look to be a proper Champ White. The plaque has a Championship White background which regular FN2s don't. Plus the door handles and filler cap is chrome like a genuine Champ White. Seems a lot of hassle to do that to a non-genuine one.

There will be two possible explanations for the high number. 600 were made for the UK, and I think in the region of another 800 for the EU market.

To be fair most UK ones were under 600 as they were made in the same run, and therefore had plaques from the same batch (assigned at random when picked out of the parts bin). This one was maybe destined to be an M200, therefore produced later and therefore sold as a normal Champ White.

The other reason may be that the original plaque was damaged or faulty and replaced by Honda either during warranty work or at 1st owners request. The plaque is therefore a higher number as they're all individual.

If it's the one that starts FE11, yes it does look to be a proper Champ White. The plaque has a Championship White background which regular FN2s don't. Plus the door handles and filler cap is chrome like a genuine Champ White. Seems a lot of hassle to do that to a non-genuine one.

There will be two possible explanations for the high number. 600 were made for the UK, and I think in the region of another 800 for the EU market.

To be fair most UK ones were under 600 as they were made in the same run, and therefore had plaques from the same batch (assigned at random when picked out of the parts bin). This one was maybe destined to be an M200, therefore produced later and therefore sold as a normal Champ White.

The other reason may be that the original plaque was damaged or faulty and replaced by Honda either during warranty work or at 1st owners request. The plaque is therefore a higher number as they're all individual.

lol yes it is. Your explanations make sense Loxy. I think it is more likely to be your first explanation. Thanks you very much! I am surprised now as it seems a lot of people noticed this car but it has not been sold yet. I think the price is very good and the condition of car look good too. Maybe it is far away from big city. Anyway I will book a viewing and very likely buy it if it looks good. Any advise? Very appreciate for your help!

Back