Home
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: a.c not working

  1. #1
    patch10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    plymouth
    Posts
    68
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default a.c not working

    looks like its a new condenser so not very happy about that to be honest, it going to cost a far bit the local garage have said because the front of the car will have to be removed to get to it, would it be worth me talking to my local honda dealer about it ??

  2. #2
    dweezle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,285
    Thanked 584 Times in 444 Posts

    Default

    Still in warranty? (Not that means anything with Honda)
    Has the relay been checked, was common on the previous model

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

    dotty (17-07-2019)

  4. #3
    patch10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    plymouth
    Posts
    68
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Still in warranty? (Not that means anything with Honda)
    Has the relay been checked, was common on the previous model
    not in warranty, it blows out but I had it recharged with gas but now it's blowing warm again, so must have leaked the refrigerant gas out.

  5. #4
    patch10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    plymouth
    Posts
    68
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    where would I find the relay dweezle if you wouldn't mind telling me please

  6. #5
    Site Treasurer Loxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    29,119
    Thanked 7,974 Times in 5,559 Posts

    Default

    Relay was revised across all Honda platforms once the previous issue was identified. It won't be that.

    That being said, it is in the engine bay fuse box.

    The revised part is by Mitsuba, the one prone to moisture failure was made by Omron.

  7. #6
    patch10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    plymouth
    Posts
    68
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
    Relay was revised across all Honda platforms once the previous issue was identified. It won't be that.

    That being said, it is in the engine bay fuse box.

    The revised part is by Mitsuba, the one prone to moisture failure was made by Omron.
    thanks Loxy

  8. #7
    Founder Chris.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On track
    Posts
    53,465
    Thanked 8,280 Times in 5,184 Posts

    Default

    Do you usually have the air con off? Ideally it should be on whenever you drive the car.

  9. #8
    patch10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    plymouth
    Posts
    68
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    Do you usually have the air con off? Ideally it should be on whenever you drive the car.
    It's never worked I just thought being the optimist it just needed re charging

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •