• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

buying 2007 type r but lost service history !

buying off someone who owned for a year and has 'misplaced ' any service history. it's on 100k which is about what i can afford. had a civic before and the timing chain went on me at 100k . is this something i need to be careful of if the car has no history and is there anything else to keep an eye on?

Chain, clutch, smoothness of gears, smoke, noises. You can check mot history on the Gov website, a good indication of how a car may have been looked after or not. You could also call a Honda dealership to request if any service records are held.

Chain, clutch, smoothness of gears, smoke, noises. You can check mot history on the Gov website, a good indication of how a car may have been looked after or not. You could also call a Honda dealership to request if any service records are held.

thank you . i'll just have to be cautious . i checked the mot history and it looks like there haven't been many issues . have to check the hpi before i go just to double check.

Personally I would avoid, go for something else with a good service history and as few previous owners as possible. There are so many FN2 ‘s for sale on the web for a great price that have great history, well looked after and not many owners. It’s worth traveling a long way to get a decent car in my opinion.

Personally I would avoid, go for something else with a good service history and as few previous owners as possible. There are so many FN2 ‘s for sale on the web for a great price that have great history, well looked after and not many owners. It’s worth traveling a long way to get a decent car in my opinion.

This.

It's a buyers' market.

Agree with Ricki & Partyvan.
There must be better ones out there at your budget - not a car to take risks on.

Back