• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Satin Silver EP3

Hi all, thought i'd start a thread documenting the progress of my latest purchase.

A few months ago I sold my Honda S2000 as I had barely used it in the passed 2/3 years and it was starting to require a bit of work. A nice bloke from Spain came and took it away and has began giving it the love it deserved.

I didn't have anything immediately in my mind that I wanted to replace it with, I just knew I would be looking for something a little more practical meaning I would be more inclined to use it at the weekends, rather than constantly use my daily.

So after a searching all the usual places online for something that fit the bill, I settled on a Civic Type R Ep3. I knew I wanted one that wasn't going to be a large project, preferably with no rust. I preferred the preface lift cosmetically but happily would have accepted either as long as the condition was there.

I eventually found one that seemed to tick all the boxes relatively local to my in Kent and got in contact with the owner. He confirmed to me that the car was in great condition for the age, had just had a new radiator as well as pads and disks, and had just completed a Nurburgring trip with no issues!

So I set off early Sunday morning to view the car and was very happy that it was exactly as described. A quick drive up the road sealed the deal.

There were a few modifications I had planned on doing for "stage 1" and the seller happened to have a few of those items as well so a price was agreed for those to be included with the car. I popped home so the seller could sort a few bits out and so I could sort out insurance/ clear the garage space, then came back Sunday evening to collect it.

So far I've only driven it the 50 or so miles home, mostly motorway, with about 3 miles on country road, but I cant already say I am very very happy with the car. I cant wait to get this on track, and to take it back to the Nurburgring for our annual trip.
So here it is. A pre facelift Satin Silver Ep3. Currently original with DS3000 pads. 128k miles and still feels like new. The parts I came away with were a tegiwa carbon airbox, some freshly powder coated wheels and some Federal RSR track tyres.

IMG-20190714-202448.jpg

38f4ac83825730e9cddf3e4e2f67f8d1.jpg

4cfaf911190d5bb811c17b5d45c21f07.jpg

I have ordered a new exhaust in the form of an M2 Motorsport item and a new condenser as the old one had been removed. I plan on fitting all these parts this coming Saturday, then get myself booked on to a track day, with a potential quick ring trip towards the end of the year.

Providing it all goes well and I decided to keep the car on the long term, my "stage 2" will look at refreshing the shocks and springs, manifold and a K1000 ecu and remap.
Thanks for looking,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, thought i'd start a thread documenting the progress of my latest purchase.

A few months ago I sold my Honda S2000 as I had barely used it in the passed 2/3 years and it was starting to require a bit of work. A nice bloke from Spain came and took it away and has began giving it the love it deserved.

I didn't have anything immediately in my mind that I wanted to replace it with, I just knew I would be looking for something a little more practical meaning I would be more inclined to use it at the weekends, rather than constantly use my daily.

So after a searching all the usual places online for something that fit the bill, I settled on a Civic Type R Ep3. I knew I wanted one that wasn't going to be a large project, preferably with no rust. I preferred the preface lift cosmetically but happily would have accepted either as long as the condition was there.

I eventually found one that seemed to tick all the boxes relatively local to my in Kent and got in contact with the owner. He confirmed to me that the car was in great condition for the age, had just had a new radiator as well as pads and disks, and had just completed a Nurburgring trip with no issues!

So I set off early Sunday morning to view the car and was very happy that it was exactly as described. A quick drive up the road sealed the deal.

There were a few modifications I had planned on doing for "stage 1" and the seller happened to have a few of those items as well so a price was agreed for those to be included with the car. I popped home so the seller could sort a few bits out and so I could sort out insurance/ clear the garage space, then came back Sunday evening to collect it.

So far I've only driven it the 50 or so miles home, mostly motorway, with about 3 miles on country road, but I cant already say I am very very happy with the car. I cant wait to get this on track, and to take it back to the Nurburgring for our annual trip.
So here it is. A pre facelift Satin Silver Ep3. Currently original with DS3000 pads. 128k miles and still feels like new. The parts I came away with were a tegiwa carbon airbox, some freshly powder coated wheels and some Federal RSR track tyres.

IMG-20190714-202448.jpg

38f4ac83825730e9cddf3e4e2f67f8d1.jpg

4cfaf911190d5bb811c17b5d45c21f07.jpg

I have ordered a new exhaust in the form of an M2 Motorsport item and a new condenser as the old one had been removed. I plan on fitting all these parts this coming Saturday, then get myself booked on to a track day, with a potential quick ring trip towards the end of the year.

Providing it all goes well and I decided to keep the car on the long term, my "stage 2" will look at refreshing the shocks and springs, manifold and a K1000 ecu and remap.
Thanks for looking,
Tom
Nice mate

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have a soft spot for prefacelifts in satin. Looks lovely mate. Nice to see it hasn’t had too many holes cut into it throughout the years too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back