• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Hot weather and boost pressure observations

Yes mate, only done two laps though and I went on the GP circuit on Tuesday. It’s a bit hot to do repeated runs, tyres are taking a hammering.

We will be up this evening.

Yes mate, only done two laps though and I went on the GP circuit on Tuesday. It’s a bit hot to do repeated runs, tyres are taking a hammering.

We will be up this evening.
Nice, I got home at 20:30 last night, enjoy the rest of the week.

I use the P4S tyres and they are light years ahead of the Continental tyres.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Nice, I got home at 20:30 last night, enjoy the rest of the week.

I use the P4S tyres and they are light years ahead of the Continental tyres.

How do you find PS4S compared to the Contis in terms of steering response and feel?

I understand they have a much softer sidewall.

So the ring record we 'held' before the Renault rocked up must have been done when it was pretty chilly then....
VW ran their GTI Clubsport S Nurburgring lap while it was 8 degrees celsius apparently. They cited that temperature as 'optimal' for a lap record!

How do you find PS4S compared to the Contis in terms of steering response and feel?

I understand they have a much softer sidewall.
I can't really comment on the side wall stiffness as I can't compare them now, what I can say is that the oem Contis (fronts) only lasted one day at Donington, the MP4S have so far lasted 6 days on the Ring (2 were wet days) and 1 day at Cadwell with some 3mm left!

The MP4S cleared rain on track at 140+ mph, they ride well and are as quiet as oem. The feel and turn in are superior IMHO and the feed back first rate.

That is not to say the Contis are pants but bang for your buck the MP4S is the best all round tyre money can buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not to say the Contis are pants but bang for your buck the MP4S is the best all round tyre money can buy.
Interesting, I'm trying to figure out whether to replace my Sport Cup 2s with PS4S when they wear out, to regain some wet weather ability.

Interesting, I'm trying to figure out whether to replace my Sport Cup 2s with PS4S when they wear out, to regain some wet weather ability.
I would say yes for sure, I have not used the Cup2 on my CTR but the 4S is so good on both wet and dry, road and track it really is a no brainer.

Back