• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

I've noticed a lot of EP3's the bonnet sits slightly raised at the front

Has anybody had this issue before and resolved it? I've tried moving the latch down but there isnt really much room there for adjustment? :confused:

Please help as it bugs me looking at the front of the car now, especially as it only happened after getting the car back from a mechanic :lol:

Forgot to say, just above the grill, you can push either side down a bit so its not shutting right whatever has happened it

You can adjust it to make the gap smaller. I remember reading it somewhere before. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on the method?

Ok from what I just found out apparently there are bonnet rubber height adjusters located above the headlights which can be wound down. Otherwise check the bumper and front scuttle panel thing is sitting right, hope this helps as I've not had to do it before.

If the latch adjustment doesn't fix it, there is a possibility that the radiator support is a bit bent upwards (as the latch is bolted to the rad support directly).
The most common cause is incorrect lifting of the front (either jacking on the rad support or the jack slips onto it from the subframe).

I suggest inspecting the top, bottom and rear of the rad support for any bends.

If the latch adjustment doesn't fix it, there is a possibility that the radiator support is a bit bent upwards (as the latch is bolted to the rad support directly).
The most common cause is incorrect lifting of the front (either jacking on the rad support or the jack slips onto it from the subframe).

I suggest inspecting the top, bottom and rear of the rad support for any bends.

Sorry for the late reply, but I looked at it and this appears to be what has happened at some point. Will that support now need replaced?

If you want to make sure it is perfect then yes, get it replaced.

Alternatively, you can try bending it back to its correct position, by using only a jack and some tow straps.
Find some info and pics on here (read the comments as the method of the OP might not be the best way): https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=866519

When I had mine bent I also used this method and managed to get rid of the gap, but the rad support did not look perfect afterwards (does not bother me as you cannot see it with the bonnet closed).

Back