Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FK8 taking scalps...

Quote Originally Posted by Partyvan View Post
    You could run two sets of wheels

Set 1) With Rainsport 3's for road use, and wet tracks

Set 2) With a proper semi slick for dry/damp track use

In the long term it'll be cheaper than running your current tyres which are more of a jack-of-all-trades tyre
    It is a good idea and something I've thought about doing it before. I think the thing that holds me back is that I like having a car that's great all round - if I take it on a road trip, I won't be taking another set of wheels and tyres with me.

I'm actually thinking about replacing them with a set of the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports that were released this year. They recently beat both the Continental SC6 and Michelin PS4S in the Tyre Reviews summer tyre test.

Unfortunately they're only available in a taller sidewall 245/35/20 size, which would likely lose a little steering response and raise the centre of gravity very slightly. I do like the idea of a bit more sidewall to protect the rim, though. They're also much cheaper in that size - 155 per tyre versus 220 for my current Cup 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
    i really like these cup2's on my fk2. i did donington on a wet day and was pretty much the fastest thing out there. i dont recall anything passing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdqm4-j1P5w). cup2 fronts, ps4s's rear.
    wouldnt run 'em in winter through. shortly after i had them fitted, we had a few days of around 8c and wet - they just didnt grip. not a problem as i run winter tyres although i am seriously thinking about going all season's when i replace.
    That's a very wet day!

I had them at Anglesey in about 10C and damp, here's a vid of us chasing down a Lotus Exige race car. Plenty of lift off oversteer after the first lap!

Quote Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
    That's a very wet day!

I had them at Anglesey in about 10C and damp, here's a vid of us chasing down a Lotus Exige race car. Plenty of lift off oversteer after the first lap!

Quite the contrast in weather when I was there on Easter Sunday in my Exige, was red hot!! great track.

I'd like to return there when it's dry again, or alternatively in the wet with some Goodyear Supersports or Michelin PS4S! It is a great track.