Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake swaying/wobble

Sure it's not to do with stability control? If this wasn't a modern car you could be sideways in a hedge or something
    Subaru Leone | EF Hatch | EG4 VTi | Rover 214Si | EK | BB5 | EP3 | EP3

got thinking about this again this morning. could it be suspension bushes - hard braking causing them to move around on the front end?
    not that i'm dismissing your LSD thought, i just dont have any real experience with them
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, DBA 4000t3 discs, PBS ProRace Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

I have so far only had this on roads, on my 8 trackdays so far this year it has not been an issue I remember, so better surface on track and the brakes would be fully warmed up compared to poor surface/camber with cool/cold brakes.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
    got thinking about this again this morning. could it be suspension bushes - hard braking causing them to move around on the front end?
    not that i'm dismissing your LSD thought, i just dont have any real experience with them
    I can see where you're coming from. In practice it'd be road surface imperfections or cambers making bushes on one side flex more than the other.

The effect of those imperfections compressing the wheels and changing the toe/camber slightly, giving one tyre a bit more grip for a few milliseconds, and briefly pulling the weight of the car to one side would (IMO) have much greater effect on the car than the suspension bushes moving a couple of millimetres.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    I have so far only had this on roads, on my 8 trackdays so far this year it has not been an issue I remember, so better surface on track and the brakes would be fully warmed up compared to poor surface/camber with cool/cold brakes.

On a track the surface is grippier but almost always braking hard in a straight line, very few roads are smooth, flat and straight.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMattC View Post
    On a track the surface is grippier but almost always braking hard in a straight line, very few roads are smooth, flat and straight.
    That is pretty much what I was saying.

Thanked 8,280 Times in 5,184 Posts

It's most likely undulations on the road surface which is made worse by aggressive geometry, such as when you're pulled around on a motorway in the lorry ridges.