• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EML flashing

Different fault codes, so you're starting again now. As always, internet diagnosis is always only that, one person who has never seen the car telling you what it could be.

Misfire is a problem with either fuel, air or compression. Since you've had the inlet manifold off, is it sealed back on properly, did you mess with the throttle body or IAT sensor?

The plugs were recently replaced? What happens if you swap the coil pack from 3 to 2 for example (edit:not sure if the cables are fixed to the coil packs, if so, difficult to test).

What condition are the injectors in? Does the fail follow the injector if you swap it from 3 to 2 for example. Last time I had a misfire it was a faulty injector.

When were the valve clearances last done? Has the timing been checked?

The list can go on really.

You've mentioned chain and compression test above, what has made you jump to those in your comments above. What's the mileage. What aren't you telling us. :)

The inlet manifold wasn't removed,iv swapped the coil packs over still misfire
spark plugs recently changed and service valve clearance done
the EML comes and goes stays for 1 day then goes off the next day

Still no ****ing joy with this,bought 4 new coil packs,4 new injectors,new spark plugs,valve clearance done again,timing chain is fine no jumped teeth nor stretched,
cant find any answers on here spending too much money on this piece of **** and still not getting fixed
might as well dump this on the main road dvla can come and take it!

Maybe try disconnect battery for 20 mins to reset ecu.

Crank sensor checked

I have obd2 to reset plus crankshaft sensor would be a different code,also rocker cover was off to check if chain jumped a tooth but all 4 cylinders lines match up

Update!
Chain jumped a tooth.
Low compression on cylinder 3
So needs a replacement engine
This will be my last post as a honda owner but now its time to move on
Take care fellas.

I'm still failing to understand why it needs a replacement engine? It's not like there's a 3" hole in the side of the block and all the shrapnel entangled in the head.

Back