• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CL7 Euro R electrical issues

Hey Guys,

I wondered if you could help, or point me in the right direction to look in to an issue I have at the moment.

I own a 2003 Accord Euro R CL7, and been having a weird issue over the last week or so with it not starting. The car would unlock with the fob, but when I go to start it dies straight away after a click and then I have no electrics at all after that.

I got around this by charging the battery and cleaning the ground terminals but the issue has come back, this time nothing at all is working and the alarm just goes off as soon as I try to close the bonnet (fob doesn't work at all).

I can't see any visable issues with any fuses, both in the interior fuse box and the one in the engine bay and I replaced the battery but the same issue happened again today.

The alarm fitted is a Autowatch 375, but I'm not too sure it's alarm related.

Any pointers to where I should be looking?

Thanks in advance!

James

Are you sure that the battery is good? If it's knackered then charging it is not going to help.

Yeah man, I replaced the battery just a few days ago and exactly the same issue happened again. :(

Seemed to work perfectly for a few days though!

Back