• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Help Please - Coolant pipe forced out, how do I stop this reoccurring?

During some spirited driving yesterday I saw plumes of grey/white smoke in the rear view mirror which was scary to say the least.

Realised quite quickly this was a coolant leak and the smell and smoke was from a considerable amount of it hitting the manifold.

I found the offending pipe and while I expected a split or break, what actually happened is its unplugged itself. It's not held in by a jubilee clip. The end it a metal sleeve that pushes into the side of the block but there's no way me pushing it back in there is going to hold it. It easily comes back out.

Here's what the end of the pipe that came out looks like. I found it just hanging down above the gearbox:

The thing I'm pointing to here is a sort of housing area where several coolant pipes all converge, including the one that's popped out:

Close up of where I've pushed the pipe back in but it remains lose:

Has anyone ever experienced this? I don't know if its some kind of sealant that needs to be applied to bond the pipe back in or if there's some sort of clip I'm missing from behind there?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

For the benefit of anyone else that gets this, the metal pipe is not meant to come away and is fixed into what Honda terms as an EGR? The cast alloy block where several hoses converge.

£89 plus a couple gaskets to replace the whole component. Could be worse.

Special order part though so a 3 week wait

Back