• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Induction Upgrade

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my intake which is currently OEM
Not sure whether to go for Eventuri or Gruppe M. I won't ask which is best as there is a post on here already regarding this question.
I'm swinging towards Eventuri but can anyone tell me of the risk if any with the exposed section on the scuttle. Water, debris etc....
Is Gruppe M safer with its alternative design?

Also can anyone tell me about gains? This would be the only current upgrade, rest of car is factory standard
Advantages between getting a remap and not?

Many thanks 🙂

No risk whatsoever, there’s a drain pipe from the cold air feed and it doesn’t actually connect to the cone so there’s a gap between the two should water make it past the drain pipe... I wouldn’t worry about it!

100% go for Eventuri if you’re looking for noise and performance! I’d save the map for a time when you’ve had other mods done, assuming you have some done, or you’ll be paying to tweak each time you get mods done, spec it to a point your happy then map, unless of course you’ve got disposable income then go mad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey great thanks D3ano!

Good advice and thank you.
I used to have an EP3 and at the time considered a Gruppe M which had the scuttle connection simular to the Eventuri for FK2.
In that case I think the air feed did connect to the cone which put me off but I didn't realise Eventuri was separated.
I won't expect noticeable gains without a remap the main benefits bring the sound but as long as I don't loose any power without a remap I'll take your advice and wait
wait

Cheers

Hey great thanks D3ano!

Good advice and thank you.
I used to have an EP3 and at the time considered a Gruppe M which had the scuttle connection simular to the Eventuri for FK2.
In that case I think the air feed did connect to the cone which put me off but I didn't realise Eventuri was separated.
I won't expect noticeable gains without a remap the main benefits bring the sound but as long as I don't loose any power without a remap I'll take your advice and wait
wait

Cheers

You won’t lose power it’s been quoted with quite solid gains without a map, I can’t testify to that as mine hasn’t been on a dyno but the build quality and sound alone are worth it the performance benefits mapped and unmapped are an added bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back