• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 TYPE R boost pressure

Hi, had my FK2 since new in 2017 . Now done 23k miles. Mine is making 1.3 -1.4 bar of boost. What should it be making? I have an arma speed carbon intake (would the increased airflow from this make the car dial back boost pressure to keep the cars torque figure standard).

Ive not noticed any drop in performance, but have read they make 1.6 bar as standard? Don't remember mine ever making 1.6 bar even when new if im honest.

Also should the car limit boost pressure in some gears to aid traction so lower in 1st , 2nd , 3rd.?

Mine seem to be the same pressure in all gears.

Ive bought the fk8 t-mod but wanted to see what others fk2's where making.

Hi, had my FK2 since new in 2017 . Now done 23k miles. Mine is making 1.3 -1.4 bar of boost. What should it be making? I have an arma speed carbon intake (would the increased airflow from this make the car dial back boost pressure to keep the cars torque figure standard).

Ive not noticed any drop in performance, but have read they make 1.6 bar as standard? Don't remember mine ever making 1.6 bar even when new if im honest.

Also should the car limit boost pressure in some gears to aid traction so lower in 1st , 2nd , 3rd.?

Mine seem to be the same pressure in all gears.

Ive bought the fk8 t-mod but wanted to see what others fk2's where making.

Can any other fk2 owners check their boost pressure for comparison ?

1.4 is normal for a standard car, mines mapped and I now see 1.8 (when the wastegate allows it but that's a different story)

Mine hits 1.2 sometimes see 1.3, only mod is exhaust, that's a fourth gear pull, has been that since new.
My daily commute makes it difficult to do decent runs so hard for me to get decent data

I still trying to work out if boost is only 1.2 bar in 1st , 2nd and 3rd. Then 1.4 in 4th 5th and 6th gear. If so a boost controller could be fitted to have 1.4 bar in all gears which would be fun and you would not be running any extra total power. Lots of cars limit boost in first 3 gears to aid traction.

I hit 1.2 in 3rd and fourth, if I have a free road in the morning I'll try a 5th and 6th run,
Boost reports have varied, few owners like myself see 1.2, few see 1.4,
Conditions play a part so anything from 1.2-1.4 seems the normal range.

Think you're the first I've read with the Arma intake, is it a decent intake (noise etc, I've got the GruppeM sat in a box but going by posts it's a silent intake, the Arma was my original route

I hit 1.2 in 3rd and fourth, if I have a free road in the morning I'll try a 5th and 6th run,
Boost reports have varied, few owners like myself see 1.2, few see 1.4,
Conditions play a part so anything from 1.2-1.4 seems the normal range.

Think you're the first I've read with the Arma intake, is it a decent intake (noise etc, I've got the GruppeM sat in a box but going by posts it's a silent intake, the Arma was my original route

Had the arma 2 years now, its a great bit of kit imo. Lots of turbo noises, nice intake sound higher up the rev range, surprisingly loud too, which takes some getting used too. Im based in hampshire, happy for you to take a look/ listen etc. If you want .

At some point i will get the dream carbon bonnet, so the eventuri is no good as the bonnet vents right out into the path of the intake snorkel, so it would just suck in hot air lol. So went arma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly a 4 hour round trip for me, anything over 20 miles and I'm out my comfort zone :lol:
I'm planning on the HZ dynamics bonnet but the fitment with the GruppeM concerns me.

Did some more runs this morning, peaked at 1.0 which got me worried but when I hit the main straight and had a chance to overtake, I hit 1.3 and climbing (fourth and fifth) but shyed off due to not wanting to break the 60 limit ;) ;)
The higher boosts were in +R with continuous acceleration,
My 1.0-1.2 boosts are basically a 30-40mph rolling quick acceleration in normal mode (usually all I need to overtake on my commute).

So all depends how you play the pedal, which mode you are in, conditions speed etc,
Only took me 4 years to find this out :lol: goes to show the car is wasted as a daily

Back