• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheel question. Wheel Nuts.

Hi all

Newb here. I
First Type R. DC5.

Running 17 inch eneki Evo 8 alloy wheels.
Whould these still be using standard Honda wheel nuts or are they special to suit the evo nut hole profile?

Cheers if anyone else has done this mod on honda.

John

Hi,

You will want some flat seat style nuts from the evo to suit the wheels. You will also need spigot rings to adapt the hub centre bore size to suit the Honda. The evo wheels have a few mm bigger centre bore, I think it's 67.1mm to 64.1mm but I'm not certain.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

As long as the nuts have the correct taper at the wheel end, they’ll be all good bud.
From what i remember, the wheel nuts on my DC5 had to be changed when I swapped the OEM wheels for aftermarket ones.
Tegiwa do sell a converter collar that you buy by the single unit, this turns the OEM wheel nuts into ones compatible with other wheels. They’re not a bad product, but I wouldn’t run them long term, more as an in-between thing.
Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, they're the flat nuts. For reference Honda oem are ball seated, most aftermarket wheels have 60 degree tapered. Always worth checking though.

Oh you're going back to the original wheels? If so, you'll need some oem Honda style wheel nuts.

I could do with a second set of enkeis if they're for sale...?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Hi yes they will be, just realised the wheels section is below this area, missed that as first post was on phone :confused: sorry moderator.

Assume these are the correct wheels lol.

wheel3.jpg

wheel4.jpg

Running Kumos, as I recall, would preffer to move them on as is so don't have to mess about at the garage swapping tyres etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Daft q but how do i know ?? Ill check part numbers when they come off. cheers J.

To confirm is this the standard size tyre for the Integra DC5 wheel, as seeing different info on line.

and are these the wheels huts needed.

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-access-closed-ball-wheel-nuts-x20-black.html

and was thinking of popping some Toyo Proxies T1R's on them in 215/17/45 Trim, does anyone have any experiences with these. I always used to have pilot sports but they are a bit dear, and no idea what they are like on a FWD car

cheers

John

Back