• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

KSport brake kit

does anyone have experience with ksport brakes on track?

I've heard a rumor they're releasing a package for the FK2/FK8 soon and since i'm in the market for 2peice discs anyway, i figure it might be worth considering since they'll be vastly cheaper than the APRacing/brembo kits. the ksport's gotta be better than the £300 factory brembo's the car currently has?

There's no chance I'd use KSport on my car, there's a reason they're vastly cheaper and you never seem them in use in any race series.

What's your current setup? The standard caliper should be fine with a decent 2 piece setup such as Performance Friction/Brambo GT/AP setup, braided lines, decent fluid and pads such as RS29.

brakes came apart at the weekend as i thought rears were worn worse than they actually were. already decided to go back to OE-grade pads to step back and look at what i'm doing before discovering what i did.
I'm using dba 4000t3 discs, PBS prorace pads.

front dust plates were removed before last trackday (wet donington a few months ago)
front disc & pads were also new before Donington, and looks like pads overheated as am missing bits from the center of the pad. pads actually feel fine on the road so I've not glazed/killed 'em completely. I think i'm JUST over their temp range now.
dust seals did look ok this time though so i've not cooked them.

I've resided to the fact i'm replacing the DBA's very soon with Girodisc's. This should sort heat out. i havent decided if to stick with PBS to see how things go or resign them to road only use and look at carbotech XP12's as they seem to get nothing but rave reviews and good up to 1000c+. Will also be getting titanium shims to hopefully stop dust seals being cooked.
I know you've recommended me the RSL29's a number of times, but with current experience i'm a bit concerned over their temp range. if the girodisc&PBS combo work for next event i'm certainly open to trying the Pagids.

the ksport kit is mildly interesting. While I've no useful details on the kit other than it's imminent, the fact it runs AP compatible disc&pads and lack of dust seals to burn it's looks like an interesting path to research.
edit: since my first post, i have realised if they are 356mm discs that AP sell (closest size to the 357mm TDNorth thought it was), I'll have to dump my 18" winter wheels and buy into 19". gets very expensive for winter wheels&tyres.
tyres on track - i'm almost positive I'll be running cup2's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked and looked at this option for ep3 ,research questions asked and went with ap brakes spent the extra because they are proven and far better quality

Ive has k sport 8 pots on 2 track cars

450bhp 200sx track car
E46 m3 track car

I was really happy with them for the price point, in fact i will be putting them on my e92 m3 at some point too.

Ive has k sport 8 pots on 2 track cars

450bhp 200sx track car
E46 m3 track car

I was really happy with them for the price point, in fact i will be putting them on my e92 m3 at some point too.

Ditto

I had them on my E46 M3 and they were excellent, even on long stints at the Ring lapping in the low 8's

Would recommend.

Back