Home

Thread: Front lower chassis brace

Default Front lower chassis brace

Hello, im wondering if the front lower chassis brace located behind the engine has any significant effect on handling. Mine has rusted in half and I cant find a new one for it. Maybe installing a strut tower brace has the same effect?

You definitely need that! I couldn't find the thread, but someone changed theirs recently, because of the same issue. Take a look around the forum, EP3 topics in members' cars, anywhere at all, there definitely was a post about this in the last 1-2 weeks.

Unfortunately, I couldnt find anything on it. The handling seems the same to me, is there any other reason the bar should be there? Why cannot it be replaced with a strut tower bar?

There definitely is a very good reason for the bar being there. I'm no automotive engineer, but every component has a very good reason for being in their place, especially braces.

Okay, ill wait for someone who knows a bit more of them to answer. It might be just to add a bit of rigidity to the chassis since its a type r. Many cars have no brace in the basic model but a brace in a "R" version.