• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front lower chassis brace

Hello, im wondering if the front lower chassis brace located behind the engine has any significant effect on handling. Mine has rusted in half and I cant find a new one for it. Maybe installing a strut tower brace has the same effect?

You definitely need that! I couldn't find the thread, but someone changed theirs recently, because of the same issue. Take a look around the forum, EP3 topics in members' cars, anywhere at all, there definitely was a post about this in the last 1-2 weeks.

Unfortunately, I couldnt find anything on it. The handling seems the same to me, is there any other reason the bar should be there? Why cannot it be replaced with a strut tower bar?

There definitely is a very good reason for the bar being there. I'm no automotive engineer, but every component has a very good reason for being in their place, especially braces.

Okay, ill wait for someone who knows a bit more of them to answer. It might be just to add a bit of rigidity to the chassis since its a type r. Many cars have no brace in the basic model but a brace in a "R" version.

Back