• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Razi's FK8 Type R - Track Car Build

I've been updating my build thread over on Civicx.com for about a year so I thought i'd start one on a UK Honda group too!

I've owned my Sonic Grey Pearl FK8 since May 2018 and bought it as a weekend/track toy.

IMG_1322.jpg

And the current spec list:

Wheels/Suspension:
- Apex EC-7 18x9.5J ET43
- AD08R 265/35/18
- Eibach Camber Arms
- Eibach Rear ARB
- Braided Brake Lines
- Motul RBF600 Fluid

Engine:
- HKS Legamax Exhaust
- HKS SQV4 Dump Valve
- HKS Intercooler Pipes
- Dream Automotive Hardlagged Catless Downpipe
- PRL Intercooler
- PRL Front Pipe
- Mishimoto Intake
- PTP/USR Turbo Blanket
- KTuner tuned by TDI North @ 414bhp/416lbft

Exterior/Interior:
- Mugen Wind Deflectors
- BMSpec Splitter (not yet fitted)
- Dream Weighted Gear Knob
- Red Pin Stripe Removed

DSC04755-(ZF-0338-54403-1-001).jpg

48359601496_a6551325eb_o.jpg

48359624372_85755e4a21_o.jpg

48359728871_71f8fd5890_o.jpg

48359733696_e8b226010d_o.jpg

Next things to do:
- Fit Splitter
- HKS Oil Cooler
- Girodisc 2 Piece Disc's
- APR GT250 Wing
- Dream Half Cage
- Drivers Fixed Bucket
- Harness

I upload more frequently on Instagram: @razi.fk8

Thanks for reading :)

Nice!

Take it you have been experiencing high oil temps with contemplating the oil cooler or is it simply a precaution?

You'll have to post up in the track day section then people know to come and gawp/get out of your way on track. :lol:

Thanks! The FK8 doesn't actually have an oil temp sensor so it's impossible to tell until it does overheat. As a precaution, I let off once my coolant temps hit 110 degree's as I can monitor this using the KTuner.

Generally, it's pretty cool here in the UK, rarely gets hot enough. I did Bedford Autodrome in the hottest day of this year (about 34 degrees) and didn't suffer with any power loss until the 3rd lap where coolant temps hit 110.

I'm hoping the oil cooler will almost certainly fix this, and a Koyorad at some point too!

Thanks! The FK8 doesn't actually have an oil temp sensor so it's impossible to tell until it does overheat. As a precaution, I let off once my coolant temps hit 110 degree's as I can monitor this using the KTuner.

Generally, it's pretty cool here in the UK, rarely gets hot enough. I did Bedford Autodrome in the hottest day of this year (about 34 degrees) and didn't suffer with any power loss until the 3rd lap where coolant temps hit 110.

I'm hoping the oil cooler will almost certainly fix this, and a Koyorad at some point too!

Watching with interest...

Although when you say it didn't suffer from power loss from heat until the 3rd lap... the 3rd lap is when I start going hard :confused:
Oil cooler will be a good investment.

Keep up the good work.

*Small Update*

Got the BMspec Splitter fitted by Dream.

20190817_104517_zpsqfimdfug.jpg

Also fitted by DBA T3 Disc's. Hopefully they are better than the OEM disc's are they were ruined after track. If the DBA's are no good, then Girodisc 2 piece it is!

In contact with APR about the wing too to balance the Aero out with the splitter.

Stay Tuned!

Leaning through Brooklands:

Not alot has changed recently, have some newer photos taken by my friend @crsxe on Instagram:

I am planning to get the FK8 back to Dream Automotive in December for:

- Syvecs S7 Plus ECU
- HKS Hipermax Coilovers
- Dream Automotive Roll Cage
- APR GT250 Wing

I also have the Hybrid Racing shifter, PRL Intake Pipe and PRL High Volume Intake on order so those will be fitted as soon as they arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super impressive and expensive looking build dude. Hopefully see you on the track at some point

Not a lot has really changed recently - just focusing on getting some seat time and improving my driving.

I was at Donington Park on 26/02 - there was sleet/rain overnight which prevented me getting much grip in the morning.

It was nice and dry in the afternoon so we got to push the car a bit harder. We stayed out the gravel which means the splitter is still on the car (a day where there was about 11 red flags :mad:)

I will be completing the Rear Aero for the car first and then maybe considering Ohlin Coilovers. Bring on more trackdays this year!

Very envious as UK forum members have access to the renowned race venues year round. Track time is fully appreciating all CTR's. Liking the usable mods done. Car is looking track tough. Fabulous pics!!!

Back